Sudden seizure

Hello
I was “officially “ diagnosed with MS around 7 years ago and have been relatively well. However last Tuesday I experienced my first Grand Mal.
No idea why yet but has anyone else had experience of this ?
Thanks in advance

is usually only an epliclic seizure and not best ones i havnt had one but my dad he get them often but that is cause has eplicicy so are sure its m.s and not got eplicicy rather than m.s only thing experience is temors which say quite close to fit but do know diffence as well

Hello,
I too have experienced a brain siezure, 4 years ago.
Fortunately, I was already admitted in hospital due to a brain haemorrhage, when it happened.
Apparently, I was thrashing about like a fish out of water, so I guess it’s like an epileptic fit.
Best,
JP

1 Like

The Barts Blog have covered this subject a fair bit.

Guest post: Double trouble – epilepsy and MS – The MS-Blog (multiple-sclerosis-research.org)

Guest post: Double trouble – epilepsy and MS – The MS-Blog (multiple-sclerosis-research.org)

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I was at home but fortunately not alone when it happened. CT was clear although one of the blood tests was abnormal. Awaiting MRI and “first seizure” clinic appointment now x

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it has been confirmed as a grand Mal (tonic clinic) seizure. Just need to find out why it happened now and pray it never happens again x

Hi again,
I suppose there are various reasons that cause brain seizure.
I have ITP blood disorder now. I’m not going to say which MS treatment I had a really bad reaction to, let’s just say all medicines have side effects; for some patients it works out well and for others not so well.
Best regards,
JP