ms and epilepsy

Hi all

This is my first post i joined to get some advice as no one on the epilepsy forum has ms.

After 2 tonic clonic seizures in january i was sent for mri of the brain which came back i had lesions. I was then sent sent for loads more test including lumbar puncture which were all ok. Still waiting for mri of the spine.

Since then ive seen 2 neurologist who said i definatly have a inflammatory syndrome. They both seem to think its ms but say the presentation is highly unusual.

Has anybody else had seizures as a first sign or relapse of ms ?. I am asking because my seizures have not stopped even though am on 2 different epilepsy drugs and ive suddenly got the need to pee all the time and i mean all the time and i keep getting a ringing nose in my ears does anybody else get this?

Also my gp is crap he just gives me a sick note and says lets wait to see what the neurologist says i dont go back for 3 months.

Seizures are the presenting symtom of MS in about 3% of cases I haven’t had a seizure but the leader of the “TeamG” at the Barts and the London, a leading MS neurologist, wrote a post on just this, Multiple Sclerosis Research: Clinic speak: seizures and MS.

cheers mate