Strange question but doesn't anyone else have a "wet" ear?

Hi, I am awaiting neuro app and MRI, various symptoms lead me to this point, but over the last few days I have started experiencing a new sensation. My right ear suddenly starts to feel wet. Not my inner ear, but all over the outer parts. I touch it and its dry of course and the sensation last from a few mins to about an hour. It feels weird! Just wondering if anyone else has had similar feeling? Helen

I have!!. My left ear feels wet but its dry. I also keep feeling like something’s leaking out of it, trickling down but when I check there’s nothing there!! VERY frustrating!!’

sensory symptoms feel very weird but they aren’t as serious as other symptoms.

discuss it with your neuro and good luck

carole x

At least I’m not alone and imagining it! It’s not as bad as the “spiders” crawling up my leg and occasionally biting me, or being suddenly stabbed with a hot pin by mr invisible!! Just wondering what will come next in the sensory lottery!

I don’t get this in my ear, but had it years ago down my right shin, and have had it recently out of the inner corner of my right eye…it felt just as if my eye was watering with really cold water, but there was nothing there!

I also get the imaginary spiders crawling all over me, as well as the feeling someone is gently prodding me or running their finger across my skin…and the random hot pins!

Should I definitely mention this stuff to my Neuro then??

Yes definitely mention it purpledot. Anything might add up to them even if it doesn’t to us. I get the creepy crawly feeling all over too which is annoying

[quote=“h64em”] At least I’m not alone and imagining it! It’s not as bad as the “spiders” crawling up my leg and occasionally biting me, or being suddenly stabbed with a hot pin by mr invisible!! Just wondering what will come next in the sensory lottery! [/quote] Omg the stabbed by pins!! I’ll leap up and slap my skin sometimes where it feels just like that Ax

‘Sensory lottery’ - hehe, I like that. I am so used to odd crawling sensations on my scalp now that, the other night when out for a meal, I put my hand on my head to rub the sensation away and discovered that I actually did have an insect on my head! That’s what you get for sitting next to an open window… But no wet sensation. Stabbing, prickling, hot, just-scolded but not ‘wet’. I get prodded in the arm by no-one, too as well as the invisible insects. All mostly annoying, at the moment. Good luck with your appointment, Helen. Wishing you clarity and a lovely, attentive Neurologist.