spain/heat?

hi all, im thinking of going to spain but im worried about the heat! some say our hot days here in the uk are worse because of the humidity we have and the heat in spain is diffrent! must say today has done my legs no good. tony.

I went to Barcelona a few years back it was very hot but the hotel had air conditoning so i could escape the heat if I needed to. It is a dry heat and is better than here but was still a little hot for me. I did have a wonderful time; as Barcelona is a fantastic place. I went to Croatia 12 years ago, it was 35% when we got threre and we had no air conditioning. I came back to a relapse; so wouldn’t recommend it.

Have a great time

Wendyx

hi tony

the weather in spain is generally much nicer than here but they do have really hot, muggy days.

if you’re going there on holiday you’ll be ok if you have frequent dips in the pool and some nice cocktails from the beach bar

enjoy!

carole x

Thanks, the beach bar oh yea that sounds good i might stay there all day nice cold gin&tonics! as long as i dont stay in the bar to long or i will have self inflickted wobly legs regards to all, take care. Tony…

hi

i am just back from crete where temp was 40+ every day. but i have no sense of hot or cold,my body thinks i am hot all the time-even when i am blue!

i should add that i stayed in bed for 25 sleeps,relapse started 2 weeks before i went but was determined i was going-long story!

ellie x

ps nothing to do with ur post but ur username makes me instantly think of a guy i went to school with, tc, ah, the memories! lol

Wot school ellie?

a school in scotland.

in fact, i always thought tc would compete in the olympics one day!

blooming small world if you are the same tc! anyway-thank you for the glimpse down memory lane-even it was unintended!

ellie x

Hi, I live in Spain. It’s very hot, with the driest winter in 70 years. You will definitely need to be near a nice cool pool with some air con. I also notice that as I live inland the heat is different, I am much better near the coast. Hope you have a great time.

I live in Scotland and have been to Lanzarote 9/10 times (There is a breeze, but its a ‘warm’ breeze and I ‘always get a tan’)

Marcus.

I was in Salou there at the end of June but I’m one of the lucky one’s that heat and sunshine is really good for my MS the hotter the weather the better I feel and the less my MS affects me.

Mark.

Hi

I’ve been to Cambrils, (next door to Salou) temp around 30 degrees but as others have said, with air con at night and occasionally as a retreat during the day, plus dips in the pool and staying in the shade plus of course general lazing around, I have managed fine. I would usually be affected a bit by heat, not too drastically.

Hope you have a good time if you decide to go

B x

Hi

I’ve been to Cambrils, (next door to Salou) temp around 30 degrees but as others have said, with air con at night and occasionally as a retreat during the day, plus dips in the pool and staying in the shade plus of course general lazing around, I have managed fine. I would usually be affected a bit by heat, not too drastically.

Hope you have a good time if you decide to go

B x

Thanks to all. ellie im not the tc you know im afraid, i went to school in hertfordshire i did throw the discuss for the county but not at olympic levelif i throw it now id probably follow it lol. take care all. Tony.tc.

hi again

i threw too! in order of preference-shot,discuss, javelin

i was junior ladies champion for local athletic club one year-still got the trophy!

i reckon it was the daily training-throwing hay to the front of the stall! (was brought upon farm)

ellie x

fair play ellie must have been all that farming that gave you upper body strengh, wish i had that now in my legs… tc…