soothe your soul

My dear friends on this forum…ones who’ve been around quite a while, plus newbies…

There seems to be quite a bit of anger, with folk with their MS.

Whilst anger may seem the only way to deal with feelings at a particular time, it really is negative energy and anger brings more anger.

I’ve had PPMS for 25 years and it’s been hard.

What helps me through is my faith in Jesus.

When you wake up each morning, think of 3 things you are grateful for.

These could be for example;

your family
a new day
friends

Maybe you could think of ways to help someone, just a smile cheers.

Take care guys and cherish the day.

Boudsx

6 Likes

Hi Poll

I agree there is lots of anger about, not just for people with ms I think society in general are angry with circumstances around lots of different things.

I get angry with ms stopping me sometimes, and then angry with myself cos in my mind ms has won again. I don’t get angry with anyone around me cos it’s my problem not theirs, and normally give myself a good talking to.

I’m glad that you have found your faith, and that it helps, but any faith I had left me 50 years ago when my Dad died , and has never returned.

Take care

Pam x

5 Likes

I agree with Pam, you’ve got your faith, I’m a Catholic, went to church for years, sadly my mum was taken at 45yrs, me only 8yrs, then in 1997 my sister’s son was killed in a car crash aged just 1 week into his 19th year, again I ask where God was, then my sister (another sister not the same 1) was taken, in between my nephew and sister I was dx’d with SPMS, so where is God, I’ve lost him, please don’t get me wrong, I’m happy you’ve found him, we all need something. I’ll just get on with it on my own, but you take good care.
Jean X

4 Likes

Just wanna very nicely point out that she wasn’t asking anyone to be religious. She just stated what had helped her and suggested trying to wake up each morning and think of 3 things you are grateful for. This will help you focus your mind and hopefully remain a little positive.

Jx

2 Likes

Yes I know Foxy, have a good day.
Jean

2 Likes

I realised that Foxy my post was trying to explain how I feel, but thanks for your input.

Pam

3 Likes

Glad you’ve found something that helps… I’m not a believer myself, but whatever works for you…

2 Likes

Thankyou every one of you who have replied. It’s ok if you dont share in my faith, afterall this is an open forum where we can respect each other.
bless you all my friends xx

5 Likes

So far as your faith goes, I just wonder, do you believe in the power of prayer?

Hi Flowerpot, yes I absolutely do believe in the power of prayer.

God wants to hear from us.
Boudsx

1 Like