Sons xmas list proud mum!

Hi all, I just wanted to share the lovely chat I had with my son this morning although it did make me cry. He was sitting writing out his list to santa with all the stuff he wanted and kept checking if he spelt it right and whether or not Santa would get him it. So when he finished he asked me if I would like to add anything to the list as “Im too old” to ask santa for anything as he only comes to children. I replied No its your list and mum doesnt need anything. He then asked me if Im sure and again I said honestly I dont need anything and why are you asking? The wee soul said mum do you remember those scooters people use in tescos when there going for some shopping, I thought you’d like one of those as you always get tired when were out! All I could do is give him a big hug and say mum doesnt need one of them right now. I thought bless him for being so considerate and wanting to get me something that he thought would help me. The best medicine I have for my M.S is my little boy he never ceases to amaze me! Polly x

Aah, that’s so sweet. I have a four year old and he’s what keeps me going for sure :slight_smile: how old is your lil one? Xxx

Hes 8, he keeps me going with his antics never a dull moment in the house with him around! Polly x

Oh Polly, thats a lovely story. Making me smile and cry at the same time. What a thoughtful little boy…bless him!!

My 10 year old wants a bigger bedroom so he can fit more tech in!

Bless. That is sooo sweet.

My two sons are 24 and 25 and they have grown to be kind, considerate young men.

And guess what. They both still ask me to go clothes shopping with them so I can tell them what looks good. Bless. I have always been a bit of a fashion freak but it does make me happy when they ask my advice at the age of 53.

Shazzie xx

Polly that is so sweet, treasure the memories as they grow up all too quickly. Mine are 28 and 26 and come back home for Christmas. Last year I said I was going to do away with Christmas stockings as they were grown up. Well you would not have imagined the upset it caused. I was told I could not ruin Christmas traditions. They wanted everything as it always had been so it is Christmas stockings as usual this year. Anyone else have traditions that cannot be broken?

What a lovely story Polly.

When my dad asked my niece had she wanted she said ‘Everything’. When I Dad said she already had everything her response was ‘I want it again’. Two weeks later when asked what Santa was bringing she said ‘Don’t know. But I have to be good!’ - what a terrible ordeal when you’re 3 and a half years old hehe

JBK x

[quote=“Shepherdess”]

Bless. That is sooo sweet.

My two sons are 24 and 25 and they have grown to be kind, considerate young men.

And guess what. They both still ask me to go clothes shopping with them so I can tell them what looks good. Bless. I have always been a bit of a fashion freak but it does make me happy when they ask my advice at the age of 53.

Shazzie xx

[/quote] Shazzie thats lovely, I hope when my son is older that he asks me for advice with fashion etc, hes only 8 and never agrees with what I want him to wear the now maybe he change when hes older. Polly x

[quote=“Dinks”]

Polly that is so sweet, treasure the memories as they grow up all too quickly. Mine are 28 and 26 and come back home for Christmas. Last year I said I was going to do away with Christmas stockings as they were grown up. Well you would not have imagined the upset it caused. I was told I could not ruin Christmas traditions. They wanted everything as it always had been so it is Christmas stockings as usual this year. Anyone else have traditions that cannot be broken?

[/quote] We have a tradition in my family that every xmas eve my mum gets us new pyjamas to wear to bed christmas as we always had to look our best for Santa coming, I still get them every xmas eve and I get my son his and I know my brothers and sister do the same with their kids. Its those things I enjoy the most about xmas. Polly x

Oh Blossom I was the same it made me smile then I sneaked into my room and had a little cry. It was a realisation that I dont always know how hes affected and what goes on in his little mind. On our shopping trips to tescos he must be eying up those scooters thinking my mum could be doing with one of those. :slight_smile:

Hi Polly - like the idea of new p.js. Mine when little were discussing presents with their father. My son had just discovered the truth about Santa but said to my husband “whatever you do don’t tell Mummy cos she still believes and we mustn’t spoil it for her!” Bless him he was so concerned I would find out.

polly

beware those scooters in tesco.

its not the scooters themselves but its the lemming behaviour of other shoppers.

i’m irritated by the sprightly OAPs who say “wait till your my age love”

not easy to stay calm

carole x

Sweet lil boy

Oh that`s so lovely, bless the little fella!

Hope Santa brings him all hes asked for............and maybe that scooter for you too............if youre not ready to use one yet, do remember Shopmobility eh? I used them for years before getting my own wheels. It is a wonderful service.

happy Christmas to you and your`s.

luv Pollx

What a treasure! I think you must be doing a great job bringing up such a thoughtful young man

Sara x

Ah, he sounds so sweet, caring and thoughtful. My son is 20 now but the other day he telephoned to say he had just seen a new book by one of my favourite authors and would I like it for Christmas. He had already bought my present but thought he would get me another one and wanted to make sure I hadn’t ordered it myself first. He knows I’ve had a rubbish year so is spoiling me :slight_smile:

Kids are such blessings. We always watch a Christmas film with the lights turned off and all the candles lit on the evening we’ve put the tree and trimmings up. Now he’s older he can join me in a glass of something alcoholic too. (When he was little he used to have juice!)

Tracey x

I so love hearing about Christmas traditions. My parents held very traditional roles in the family. Dad was the breadwinner and Mum worked parttime and kept the house and did the cooking etc. However Christmas was different. Dad always insisted on polishing all the furniture in the dining room with lavender polish and he was responsible for preparing all the vegetables for lunch. Whenever I smell lavender I am transported back to the 60s when I was small. Dad used to disappear to buy the Christmas tree and return with one too big to go through the door and spend the rest of the afternoon sawing bits off it to get it in the house. Happy memories. Tracey we always used to turn the lights off and have a Christmas sing along once the tree was done. Polly this is a lovely thread to start - treasure your young man they grow up all too quickly.

My kids love Christmas! Even at 25, 22, and twins of 17 my wife still has to hide their main present and leave little clues on post-it notes and get them charging around the house! We said we wasn’t doing it last year and there was uproar! The oldest 2 are in responsible professional jobs but childhood memories rule!! Love it!!! x