Done it! Have you done yours??????

Hiya

Well, my plan was not to buy and receive any Christmas prezzies this year. I have told all my family.

…Couldn’t resist, though!

The lure of Xmas was tooooo much and I have subcomed to getting several presents for my wife and … I have just wrapped my first one!

Marty - The Scrooge (repented)

hiya

i have made it perfectly clear that i will be ‘giving’ but happy to recieve only thingsi can eat,an experience or similar. please let me explain…

following recent relapse i realised how much ‘rubbish’ is in this house! my friend threw out 17 binbags of non essential stuff. theres still more to go. i aim to live even more simply. (and have less stuff to trip over/clean/wash/dust etc)

important to me is a cuppa and blether for an hour-you cant wrap that up!

anyone that knows me and what i am about will understand

i hope that you all get what u wish for-especially those pressies that cant be wrapped up!

ellie x

I so agree Ellie. How much ‘stuff’ can we have… or need?!

In our family this year we are only buying for the kids… only 3 of them… it’s such a huge relief! We all keep phoning each other and saying how fab it is not to be stressing out over buying and wrapping presents! It’s like a weight taken off shoulders. And no receiving any more ‘stuff’!!!

Every family member agreed immediatly… thought it was just me who found the whole thing so stressful… AND expensive!

Pat x

Ellie & Pat

I was thinking exactly the same and was going along the same route as both of you … but a little bit of an excited boy in the old Marty just couldn’t resist…

…Erm…Merry Christmas to you both…

Marty

hiya again

for the first time in 19 years i wont be with my kids. it will be a different christmas for me in lots of ways. have never made it a choice between mum and dad-what a difficult positition to be in! so the kids are going to their dad this christmas as they are now old enough make that decision. we agreed that to date it was easier for them to understand that santa brought pressies to where they normally stayed. they know i will keep santas pressies safe until they return

as for christmas meal-i have never made a traditional one! several years ago we had rice crispies! we loved it! its not about ‘things’ but what is going on in ur head! my family will be with me in there-despite being physically scattered worldwide

happy christmas to you all.

ellie x

Hello all,

We must be heading even more down the ‘minimal’ route, as the only lucky soul we buy for now is my 9 year old niece. She thinks it’s amazing that every single present under the tree is for HER, and our purse strings are pretty chuffed too. It is sooooooooo much less stressful too. I hope that everyone on the forum has a very merry (hic!) Christmas and a happy and healthy 2013.

Best wishes,

Moira

hi, i do buy pressies and love giving them.

The thing that is really bugging me is the cost of posting all the xmas cards…I said so to hubby and he said, We do not not send cards. Off to buy some more stamps!

luv Pollx

Oh please be careful with this.

One year a close relative was out of work and made the “no presents” statement. I wanted to get the children something but my ex made me promise. I abided by the “rules” only to find on xmas day that they had bought something for my daughter. I felt awful.

Although I am sure that your wife will love the gifts I hope that she has not avoided buying something because of what you said – only to feel uncomfortable when you give her your pressies.

Jane

Hi Jane

Oh, I’m being careful. I told my wife we should have an upper limit…er…even though I raised it yesterday. I must admit I did get a “What did you do that for?” From her. I just couldn’t help it. I like to buy prezzies for the one I love dearly. I can’t help it. There is still a little spark of the old Marty that loved Christmas, paper hats, sparkly things and pud - with custard. Yum!

Also, I discovered today that I’m not good at wrapping anymore, folks. Hmmmm as the pantos say, “Altogether now…BOOOOO!” To …erm …MS

Marty

i wish we had the idea to not spend for each other but just for the kids!!

spent all morning getting more and more frustrated by my stupid hands not being able to grip! my wrapping this year looks like a 2 year old has done it! next year i will get my two year old to do it! least she has an excuse! my excuse of no grip doesnt seem to wash with my parents!!

Merry christmas allxx

spent all morning getting more and more frustrated by my stupid hands not being able to grip! my wrapping this year looks like a 2 year old has done it! next year i will get my two year old to do it! least she has an excuse! my excuse of no grip doesnt seem to wash with my parents!!

Merry christmas allxx

Merry christmas allxx