slimming world !!

Hi gang,

i joined slimming world online last week and it was my weigh in this moning… i was really excited because i thought i would have lost around 2lb,i would have been pleased with that,seen as i am not very mobile these days… i got on the scales first thing,and was upest to find that i had only lost 1/2 lb… so i feel a bit upset as i have followed the plan all week,and been really good…i lost weight a few years ago,at 2lb a week by eating very little,so maybe i will have to virtually starve myself to gain a reasonable loss…

J x

2 Likes

I joined SW last year and it worked for me. Very often I would only lose 1/2 lb and sometimes nothing, i found it was usually because I wasn’t eating enough super free. I don’t know what your mobility is like but if you can get to a group you will find the support of others very helpful. I’m at my target weight now but I still go to group, if nothing else it gets me out of the house for a couple of hours. Sometimes we think we are getting it right and think something is free when it isn’t or we think something has two syns when really it has six, it all makes a difference. Having said all that I’m sure the online one is just as good with support. 1/2 off is better than 1/2 on.

Good luck and keep at it SW does work just keep eating the super free.

Jan x

1 Like

Mrs J you’ve just described how I feel. I’ve been taking the Aloe and Raspberry concentrate that are supposed to help you lose weight and I put 4lb on. That’s in 3 weeks not one, and I’m gutted. I’ve just started swimming though, it has been a big outlay financially as I had to take out a minimum of 6 months membership at the pool and pay for it up front so I’m determined to get value for money.

I’ve decided I’m going to weigh and measure myself as I should at least lose some of the bulges I’ve amassed. It is so hard losing weight and you’re not alone in your quest. Please let me know how you’re getting on, I’ve heard a lot of good things about slimming world and maybe that will have to be my course of action too. Just don’t get too despondent, I felt better once my daughter reminded me what time of the month it is so I’m probably bloated. Keep at it, Jan has possibly told you where you’ve gone wrong, I do know you aren’t supposed to go hungry at any time. Take care.

Cath xx

1 Like

Hi. I was going to join slimming world online… but reading so much on their site about exercise, I emailed them to see if they thought I could lose weight on their diet without much exercise… explaining I am disabled… they didn’t even email me back.

So I got a free app on my ipad called ‘Me Fitness Pal’. You put all the food you eat into it… it even has all the brands so for example it has Tesco Healthy Living baked beans etc etc … and it adds up the calories, fats, sugars etc.

You have a daily target for calories. One day very unusually I ended the day quite a bit under my calorie target… and got a message to say I was too far under, my body would go into starvation mode and I would put ON weight. I thought that was very responsible of them.

Anyway it’s set my target at losing 1lb a week as I have the exercise bit set on ‘sedentary’. Not much but it’s something! I weigh myself every Saturday and last Saturday I had lost 1lb.

I think the diet clubs like slimming world and weight watchers are missing a trick… there must be thousands of people who are disabled and/or have long-term illness and are desperate to lose weight, but nothing designed esp for us.

Good luck to all of us!!!

Pat xx

I have previously joined weight watchers and slimming world, when i was more active and both times lost weight. I now have to be very careful as I am not so active .

One tip that seemed to help was to drink plenty of water. Now my bladder sometimes can’t hold so much - so just keep going careful and I keep away from snacks and biscuits. (if I can)

Jackie x

1 Like

i think thats my main probelm, im not very mobile,when i was i didnt have a weight problem,at all,i used to burn off lots. as i was very active and went to aerobics, swam and walked everywhere, and i have never had a big appetite either,still havent,but i DO av a sweet tooth and LOVE chocolate,and cakes…i felt really down today,so will try to get back on track tomorrow,even if i lose 1/2lb to a lb a week it will slowly come off…

J x

2 Likes

Hi Mrs J,

I have the same problem…I used to be a size ten when I was more active, now I am a size 16.

Its very hard when you lead a sedentary life style, plus an awful lot of our medications are fattening.

Don’t be despondent, you may not feel like it but you have done well to loose half a pound.

It is so much safer for everyone to go down slowly but even more so for us poorly people!

I know it’s hard when you have a sweet tooth but keep up the good work!

My tip for hiding the lumps bumps and bulges, loose Kaftans or maxi dresses!

Nina x

2 Likes

Hi Nina,

thanks for the encouraging words,i too was a size 10 and now a 16. i dont think i will ever be a size 10 again,but want to get to an acceptable weight ,for my health as much as anything,as i am borderline diabetic ,but it would also be good for my self esteem.

J x

2 Likes

I was a size 12 but often managed with size 10 clothes, now I’m a 16 too. I don’t mind if I get back down to a size 12 with occasional size 14’s but I can’t cope with the thought of staying where I am. As a retired nurse I know all about the health risks of being overweight but I’m terrified I’ll fall and hurt myself and someone else will have to lift or wash me etc. That would have been awful even when I was slim but I couldn’t face it now. We can do this ladies …

Take care

Cath xx

1 Like

Why don’t sprouts taste like cream eggs and crisps taste like stewed cabbage

Jan x

3 Likes

lol…yes why dont they ?

i always said why cant salad be full of calories… we would all crave that then wouldnt we just…lol

j x

3 Likes

I’m also a size 16 and aiming for 14 I joined weight watchers online also not mobile much but I’m losing weight I’m doing the filling and healthy plan and never hungry I lost 2lb last week need to up my water intake a little, but cause I can’t exercise due to my balance I have just purchased a exercise bike hope I can manage it, it has different pressure points too

3 Likes

i have an excercise bike,and go on it for 4 minutes a time,if i can, i am trying to get to 4 minutes 3 times a day,i know its not much,but its better than no excercise.

2 Likes

Good for you. Don’t put yourself down, your 4 minutes is probably the same as an hour for someone with no disabilities. Any exercise is good and the fact that you’re doing it 3 times a day is probably the best way for you to get the best out of it and it shows how dedicated you are. I think that’s great! Go you!!

Cath xx

3 Likes

Well done, thats great, even once a day for a few minutes is brilliant! As Cath says dont ge so hard on yourself!

Nina x

3 Likes

Give yourself a well deserved “pat on the back” any exercise is good.

Pam x

3 Likes

That’s fantastic. Well done. The stronger we can keep our leg muscles the better and every little bit helps.

Pat xx

1 Like

thanks for your support it means such a lot,i am quite hard on myself at times,i must tyr not to be…

J x

1 Like