Should I apply for a blue badge?

Hi

I’m really confused at the moment. Recently I’ve been having double vision and numbness which has affected my walking and balance. So much so I’ve started to use a stick to help me stay upright. It was suggested that I apply for a blue badge to help me get around. I looked into it and I can’t seem to find which ‘box’ I would fit into. I’m not unable to walk nor am I ‘virtually unable to walk’ or registered blind or partially sighted. I can still walk but it takes me longer to get there while looking as if I’ve had ‘one too many’. I don’t get DLA. I’m just confused at where I position myself with regards to this.

Any advise would be appreciated.

No harm trying!

just tell it like it is but mention the fatigue cos that’s severe.

i can walk 20 yards before stopping for a rest - stuff like that

good luck

carole x

When I applied I had Dix but no DLA. The guy at the local authority was sound x

Dix= DX SORRYPREDICTIVE TXT- from iphone

Speak to your local CAB they should be able tro help and usually have people specialy for this kinda stuff, good luck I love my blue badge it makes thing so much easier.

Hi Like all forms ESA DLA BLUE BADE BAS PASS describe your worst day as they unfortunately will be encountered. Mike

I got mine based on the level of pain I am in when walking, and the speed of my walking.

I submitted my application then was asked to go for an assessment, remember to walk as you do on your worst days.

Hi, no harm in applying for a blue badge, you are not in receipt of dla higher rate so don’t automatically qualify but no matter. Apply anyway. Can I ask why you do not get dla, have you been refused or ever applied? I actually think that more than the blue badge you need to be applying for dla, you may not get higher rate which automatically gives you the blue badge but you may well get something. Cheryl:-)

I did apply for DLA 3 years ago and was refused. To be fair, on hindsight I wasn’t that bad and I was recommended to apply at that time. I am now a lot worse than what I was 3 years ago. Have been told to try again.

I did apply for DLA 3 years ago and was refused. To be fair, on hindsight I wasn’t that bad and I was recommended to apply at that time. I am now a lot worse than what I was 3 years ago. Have been told to try again.

Hi Pat

Sorry you’ve been turned down for DLA but there are so many pages it is confusing and a lot get turned down first time so do apply again. Many of the questions are the same asked differently just to try and catch you out so keep a copy of questions and your answers. You could see your Dr. for his help, DIAL who are brlliant or I’ve heard CAB are good too.

Hope you get it.

Yvonne x

I find my Blue Badge a real passport to freedom. Its just so handy when you need to park at the Supermarket, Doctor’s, the Workplace to name but a few instances. One Really important one is at the local Petrol Station Forecourt…When you gotta go…you gotta go! I applied for mine at the time I was talking to the DVA about driving again. With help from my GP and local MS Society I was able to get driving again and more importantly A BLUE BADGE. The best /only approach is to describe your worst day on your application…don’t be put-off!..

all the best…

Jonny

Also I’m not sure if you have kids but if you do take them to your assessment. I took my 2yr old with me, as I thought it better represented what I’m dealing with here, finding it hard to walk and having a small child to look after all the time is really hard and there are no prizes for suffering.