September...

I’ve not got much to say (relief all around) which may well mean that all is well with me? It’s the 1st of Septembercan you believe itM

How the hell is it the 1st of September!!! Time marches on.

It does actually feel a bit like Autumn in London. The mornings and nights are chilly and already there are brown fallen leaves… ah well. That was quite a summer!

I’m actually out of my bed today (after 3 days horizontal). I’m nipping out on the scooter for a bag of compost. Can my life get more exciting!? (Actually I hope not… after an exciting August I’m hoping for a very mundane September ).

Have a good Sunday gang.

Love ya,

Pat xxx

Cool evenings and mornings with bright sunny days. I dream of such days. I too will be out on the scooter if only to go and buy cat food-is that more exciting than compost? Easier to carry perhaps! On Tuesday the great routine starts again…wife to school, daughter to grand parents me to home, 28 mile round trip. Wish me luck. Best wishes. Steve (sans return key!!)

Cool evenings and mornings with bright sunny days. I dream of such days. I too will be out on the scooter if only to go and buy cat food-is that more exciting than compost? Easier to carry perhaps! On Tuesday the great routine starts again…wife to school, daughter to grand parents me to home, 28 mile round trip. Wish me luck. Best wishes. Steve (sans return key!!)

Yeh and innit chuffing chilly? Just put my fleece throw round my shoulders. This is all too soon…going on my hols to the Yorkshire seaside on Saturday!

Brrr!

pollx

Poll fingers crossed for an Indian summer for your seaside hol.

Hope you have a lovely time hon…

Pat xx

All back to school/college this week - 6:30 am for me again! Yuk! Eldest starts Uni in two weeks too - I’m making the most of him still being here. Empty nest syndrome - here I come! Teresa xx

Aw Theresa, my girl’s home on Tuesday, she’s ony been around for a few days so far this summer (some of photos were on display in a bar and she was working etc.) Can’t wait to have her home! I can imagaine what you’re feeling like, this’ll be her 3rd year.

I can’t believe it’s September either… people are talking about Christmas already, that’s freaking me out!

Personally I feel that MS has stolen my year a bit, it’a gone so fast apart from the stressy bits which seemed to go on forever…

Christmas - bah humbug!!! lol

Sonia x

No, no, no mention of the C word (it starts Chri…as) I put the heating on last night, it was really windyI do/did mean, weatherhave a good week, M

It’s so chilly this morning - mind you cooler nights are better atm as it’s nice to snuggle under the duvet. I don’t want it to get any colder though! Hope you see your daughter as much as possible Sonia! Teresa xx

Hi all, I agree… cooler nights are so much better!

The C word: I’ve decided this year to spend the C-day alone. I’ve never done that and actually just for once in my life I want to… it means I can eat what I want when I want, watch what I want to on telly (yes even all the corny stuff) and stay in dressing-gown all day long.

Now that’s enough of the C word (before we drive M mad!!!) and it is only the 2nd September (my mum is 86 tomorrow!).

Sunny and blue skies in London… but NOT humid… lovely…

Pat xx

I had cold feet last night, seemed wrong to request a hot water bottle already! :smiley:

Sonia x

Cold feet, I have bed socks on all year roundvery fetching! No mirrors and no glasses works for meM

Many moons ago we spent Christmas Day in our dressing gowns…it was so lovely…I’m jealous Pat…would love to do it again this year but we have too many appendages!! Regarding the C word …it’s the presents that put me into a panic…maybe I will be brave and say children only this year…mmm that sounds familiar…think I’ve said it before but never actually stuck to my guns…I’m such a wus!! So far loving the first two days of September…beautiful sunny days but not toooo hot and lovely chilly snuggly nights! Happy birthday Pats mum! Nina x

M - due to the size of the unsightly big spot on my chin, I would love to be somewhere with no mirrors right now! It’s a shocker and it’s day 2 of it now - Grrrrr!

Mmmmmm, bed socks sound lush right now, fluffy ones :wink:

Sonia x

Well done Nina, I missed that…

Happy Birthday to your Mum Pat!

Is it just me that thinks I’ve read something then realise I’ve missed out whole chunks?

Sonia x

No Sonia it’s definitely me too, in fact probably all of us!! As to bed socks…last year had a pair of cashmere ones for Christmas …come November…those and a pair of slipper boots…24/7…so yummy…the only way I’ve found to stop a nasty ice cold band around my ankles that starts in November and doesn’t leave me 'tll April Nina x

Happy Birthday Pat’s mum! I bought a pair of thermal M&S bed socks last year. They are excellent. The only thing that keep my feet warm! Teresa xx

My very best wishes to your mum PatMy feet were lovely and warm last nightMissing chucks when reading? My brain fills with cotton wool, losing the plot, you bet. Also feels a bit like I’m really really, tiredit’s easier to watch the tellytake careM

Bed socks will go on my crimbo list for sure. Last year I was given some kind of slipper/socks/bootees from M&S and I wore holes into them before putting them in the bin (only about a month ago!) I really hope they do them again this year and I will put soles on them before I wear them to death :wink:

Sonia x