Send me hugs please !!!

Massive, but gentle (((((((((((hugs)))))))))) Lynn xxx

Big hugs ((())) xxx

Thank you all so much. What a lovely lot you all are. So the news is…ouchy, ouch, ouch !!! Still glad I’m not in hospital recovering from a general anaesthetic but boy did it hurt. I nearly broke MrH’s hand and I’m fairly sure I actually cried out at one point !! It’s a bit hazy this morning. The doctor was lovely…so reassuring and kept talking gently in my ear as he operated. I have an open wound on my collarbone which is fairly large and deep. He couldn’t stitch it up due to the amount of infection. So I have to be careful to keep it covered, not get it wet and the district nurse will come in everyday to change the packing. Why do I have a nasty suspicion that it won’t be the most fun I’ve ever had !! Uuurrrggghhh greasy hair for a few days !! He got most of the core out but once it has healed over I will have to have it reopened in a similar procedure and the remenants removed. My fault because I was insistent on a local anaesthetic and I just couldn’t take anymore yesterday !!! I have a fifth and hopefully final course of antibiotics which should chase the remaining infection away. Your love and hugs has really picked my face up off the floor this morning, so big hugs back to you all. Catherine Xx

Ouch. Sounds sore, Mrs H. Lots of gentle hugs coming your way. My friend used dry shampoo when she couldn’t wash her hair & it did the trick. Hope your recovery is a speedy one Jane xxx

Glad you are home Catherine. Sounds very sore though and painful during the op. You poor thing.

Been thinking of you lots.

Shazzie xx

Send you another hug and make sure you look after yourself

What a rough time you’ve had lately! Sounds horrible, poor you!

I’ve had a couple of nasty procedures under local, and they’ve not been painless either, and quite traumatic actually, so I really sympathise.

Hope the antibiotics finally nail it, and you feel better soon

Bxxx

OW!!! Very gentle (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) That sounds very horrid indeed. You were very brave opting for the local! I know I could never have done it.

I hope you recover quickly and the antibiotics do their job and that the second procedure isn’t too dreadful.

Healing thoughts

B xxx

Ouch! That sounds painful ((hugs))

Hope you feel better soon. At least you don’t have to have that awful hospital food!

Take care

Teresa.x

Sounds really unpleasant Catherine - hope the antiBs zap the infection! Take care and rest in order to recover from your ordeal! Look after yourself and let hubby do so too! Teresa xx

Ouch, I told you I was a bit squeamish and you just earned yourself double sympathies on that score. Let’s hope the antibiotics do their thing and you’re on the mend very soon!

More hugs

Sonia x

Oh hello hunny! I didnt see your post yesterday, so have only just learned of your operation.

Im glad its done, but not tthat you will need a further op at some point.

Yes, you are most welcome to a warm hug from me my lovely!

luv Pollyxx

Hi all The news is …aaaarrrggghhhhhhhhh…utterly fed up. Went to the doctors this afternoon, admittedly probably a bit too late, to be told what I was dreading. The wound has not healed and is still largely open 6 weeks after the surgery. So phase two is being bought forward and he will try to excise the dead flesh, dig the core of it out and try to repair with new flesh. And yes, I’ve opted for a local anaesthetic again. Idiot that I am but I hate being knocked out and hate having to stay in hospital. Catherine Xx

You’re a heck of a lot braver than me Catherine, I’d take the general over local any day !!! God I really hope that this will all be over for you soon and you will be on the mend at last. Take care, get plenty of rest and keep us updated xxxx

Poor you Catherine - this bloody thing is dragging on so long! I hope they finally manage to sort you out and that the procedure is bearable with a local ! Teresa xx

Oh nooooooo. Poor you Catherine. That is dreadful news. I hope this round of surgery does the trick finally and this is the last of it.

You are so, so much braver than me. No way I could even contemplate doing it under local

All the very best and healing thoughts

B xxx

Oh, Catherine, that sounds awful. Sending best wishes your way for successful surgery this time.

Tracey xx

Great. Just great. And now I have a lousy, stinking cold. ENOUGH ALREADY !!

I am so sorry to hear that things are not going smoothly. Every good wish from me for better news soon. Alison

Hugs Catherine. :slight_smile: x