Hi. Short history. Started having primarily sensory symptoms last year. GP referred me for full brain and spine MRI. Result was normal all round. Referred to neurologist anyway, upon hearing MRI result he categorically ruled MS out. Went though MRI with me as I was anxious. Did various physical tests, I had plantar flexor, normal pupils, normal deep tendon reflexes which were symmetrical. Neurologist referred me for NCT/EMG and suggested councilling if i cannot let go of the possibility of MS. All normal apart from bilateral carpal tunnel. I was told I would have a follow up in 8 months time. This brings me to now. No letter with an appointment came through so I called hospital yesterday. They acknowledged I need a follow up but obviously something had not flagged up. They said my original neurologist has left unfortunately but gave me a cancellation slot with a different neurologist tomorrow.
Now I’m wondering. Will she just take off from my previous neurologist or will she take everything at face value and decide for herself? For consistency purposes I would rather have seen the same person. I’m quite nervous.