sativex on private script

can anyone help me please…

my rehab doc has agreed to write me a private script for sativex, the cost i am told is 375 plus i will have to pay the chemist a fee for getting it. (everyone in my area is being refused it on a named patient script). im sick of fighting so am giving in and going private so i can hopefully get some symptom relief at last.

what i dont know is how much can i expect to have to pay the chemist for getting it?

p.s. im going to be living off beans on toast for ever more so if anyone knows how to make them interesting please let me know!

im not happy with our pct at all…

x

Zelda,

What a damn shame - my local pharmacy [connected to the Health Centre] used to get my Sativex for me. Go to one that you know - explain your predicament - say you are going to struggle to find the money for it… Hopefully, they will be understanding. l do have to wait a few days with my script to be filled - but as l don’t pay for it l don’t mind. l was told that the PCT’s are reviewing the Sativex situation in July.

On the telly last night they were saying how good for you are beans on toast!!! BBC 1 8pm. lt has all the same protien and nutrients as a big steak. Just close your eyes and use your imagination.

F.

Hi Zelda, I have sativex privately from emed. I have to say that the cheapest I could find was Dicksons in Glasgow who post it out to me. I am in Aberdeen although I understand they will send it anywhere. It costs £412 for 3 vials which each contain 90 sprays, so £412 for 270 sprays. I did ask the cost in various places and the price varied a lot so do shop around. I also had to pay £15 for the private prescription. I don’t actually pay the chemist any more for getting it so this must be factored into the £412, I guess. I only take one or two sprays a day because it makes me high, lol, so at thatrate it isn’t too expensive. It take the tightness out my legs and the edge of my stiffness but doesn’t really help me walk much better, but I still think that is worth while. Good luck with it and I hope it makes a difference to you. Let us know how you get on with it. If you want more info get back to me on here or you can pm me. Cheryl:)

Looks like you got a decent price there, Cheryl.

I saw it on OneClickPharmacy (not buying yet, just window-shopping) for £504 for three, which I thought was a bit steep.

Bizarrely, they admit the RRP is £480, so boast a magnificent saving of **-**£24 - i.e. you pay £24 over the odds! They also claim: “lowest prices guaranteed”, so if anyone went to the trouble to challenge them, maybe they’d match Dickson’s, I don’t know?

Tina

x

Hi Janet, it is absolutely wicked that you have to pay for sativex.

They won`t prescribe it in our area, as the PCT said 50% of those tested showed no good results…BUT that means there was also 50% benefit! Madness!

I hope you get a good deal of relief for that sort of money.

luv Pollx

Thanks Tina, yeah just had a look at one click pharmacy, see what you mean and yes it was a bit steep, as you say perhaps they will match Dicksons. I tried a local Boots the first time but that was similarly expensive, even more so I think. They did offer a discount because I was spending so much but it was still much more expensive than Dicksons. I tried a few others too but all were more expensive, including a local independent chemist that I usually use, it is the local post office too and offers a good service , but again was more expensive, so Dicksons it was. I worry a bit that dicksons put their price up, but the last time I spoke to the pharmacist she said they dispensed this for a quite a few private patients, so I am guessing that perhaps they think they have a captive Market at that price! I hope so, I need to order again soon!. Poll, I agree with your statistics, a 50% benefit sounds pretty good to me and I imagine the people who had no benefit wouldn’t carry on taking it! Cheryl:)

Zelda

why dont you just get the origional form its a lot cheaper, if you dont smoke make a cookie and far more accessable

Daniel

Hi, I really want to try Sativex just can’t afford it!!! I do smoke a joint last thing at night which helps no end but want the sativex to use in the day as i won’t smoke joints in the day as 1 i’ve got young kids and 2 don’t want to be stoned all day lol, and i know that with sativex they remove the part of the drug which makes you high (or they supposed to, reading Cheryl’s though i’m not so sure lol)

Lets hope they sort it soon so we can get it on normal prescription

Lee

Yes - you CAN get it on private script. However, if you live in Lambeth, London (which I don’t suppose you do), I do… If you want any further info (as it rocks!) email me at thefashionablyill@gmail.com. If there is anything I can do, let me know. X Get it through GP as Nueros can’t hand it out. HAHAHA They DO NOT remove the bit that gets you high at all. If you spray it (which isn’t that effective) you get a mild buzz. If you mix it with chocolate it gets you as baked as you will ever be. It is just pure THC and Cann… Seriously, anyone who needs to know more get in touch. It changed my life. I have the best bladder and such little pain when I use it. Don’t even have to use the ye old catheter when I use it. x

Yes - you CAN get it on private script. However, if you live in Lambeth, London (which I don’t suppose you do), I do… If you want any further info (as it rocks!) email me at thefashionablyill@gmail.com. If there is anything I can do, let me know. X Get it through GP as Nueros can’t hand it out. HAHAHA They DO NOT remove the bit that gets you high at all. If you spray it (which isn’t that effective) you get a mild buzz. If you mix it with chocolate it gets you as baked as you will ever be. It is just pure THC and Cann… Seriously, anyone who needs to know more get in touch. It changed my life. I have the best bladder and such little pain when I use it. Don’t even have to use the ye old catheter when I use it. x

Hi Lee, yeah they say they remove the bit that makes you high, I don’t care what they say, sativex makes me high, lol. I’m ok on one spray but if I go beyond this I am high, obviously the more spaced out the sprays are the less high I am , if I have two sprays in quick succession I am more high and also f I have two sprays for a few days in a row it seems to build up and I am high. I daren’t take it when I am going to work or going to be driving! Cheryl:)

You should spend that on gear and make cakes. It is just the same and you’ll get WAY more stuff than sativex for that cost. Ridiculous.