RIP MRS THATCHER

Wow, such venom!

Think I’ll potter in the garden instead, much better for the soul.

It isn’t venom, it’s history.

Have a lovely potter in your garden, gorgeous sunny weather today

No venom to be found please look again

Hi Anu , I’m not sure ‘any’ policies were reversed ? , I doubt the mines were filled in during her time in government , and probably still haven’t been , and I truly think it was a great shame that any industry ground to a halt , but who would want to work in such terrible conditions for little reward , and who would wish their children to follow into such dangerous jobs in industry , even if well rewarded , and that sadly is where it was going I guess , other countries just produced it cheaper through slave like labour I’m guessing , just as they do to this day , it would seem that it is almost impossible to buy U.K goods because of cost to this day , and we’re all guilty to a point of wanting bargains , buying cheap from Sunday markets , using supermarkets that kill farming , when I left school you could still get a job (not too badly paid) working on the land , but not now , a giant tractor does all that at 30mph , and of course people don’t even want to work on the land ,

a lot of the social housing that existed at the time needed major updating and renovation , which was always going to cost a fair bit , and yes they should have got busy building , but I seem to remember that it was some local councils that wouldn’t release the funds to do so , I guess it just got used for something else ? , don’t know cause I’ve never been a counciller , or politician , or a miner , or a foundry worker , or a textile worker , but I did work using both coal and steel , and like everyone else was subjected to the market conditions of the day , I never got rich with loadsa money, just worked hard for 30 years till MS , but half of my former trade has died too , not because of much else than a machine will work multiple times faster and cheaper than making by hand

:slight_smile:

yep , sounds like a good idea , can’t say my souls not suffering I think I’ll plop in a chair and watch it grow though