Rib pain

Hi there…I’m new to the site and currently have not been diagnosed although have an appointment with a neurologist on 4th June having been referred by my gp. I’ve had concerns about ms for the last 2 to 3 months due to a variety of symptoms which started during a period of extreme stress. These include, extreme arm and leg weakness/heaviness, blurred vision, tingling in my hands and down the left side of my head and face. I also had vertigo in the sense that I felt like I was constantly floating and I’m currently suffering with constipation (how lovely). I’ll also add that over the last 18 months I have suffered with horrendous itching on my face that comes and goes without reason. Anyways, over the last 2 weeks I’ve started to feel like a lot of my symptoms have eased up however one symptom that persists is rib pain. I’ve heard of and read about the ms hug and I’m aware that it can take on many forms and I was wondering if anyone had any experience similar to mine. Basically, for the last 6 weeks I have had mild shooting pains in and around my middle ribs, it lasts for a split second but comes and goes intermittently from anything between 5 and 20 mins like little electric shock spasms. This happens most of the day, every day although I did have a week where I didn’t have any at all! I dont feel any tightness and it’s not very painful, more annoying but its worrying me and I’m wondering if this is an MS symptom!!? Sorry for rambling! Best regards :slight_smile:

Hello

You should be aware that MS incorporates many symptoms which are shared with many other diagnoses. So don’t assume that any of your symptoms are caused by MS, until and unless, you’ve seen a neurologist, had a load of tests and the neurologist tells you it’s MS.

But for your information, see MS hug | MS Trust

It’s only a few days till your neurology appointment, so you should write down some questions to take with you to the appointment. Just don’t get too hung up on the idea of MS. The neurologist will look at you and your symptoms rather than at a diagnosis into which s/he could ‘slot’ you.

It’s worth trying to write down a timeline in preparation for that appointment. You could have all of your various symptoms, together with rough dates when they occurred and how long they lasted.

Best of luck for 4th June.

Sue