Results

Hi all,

I haven’t been on this sight for some time as I felt like I didn’t belong as I’d been told what I was suffering was not MS. Then I went to see a Professor in London and he said that he wanted to carry out further testing and that I could still be MS.

So thats what brings me back, after suffering 6 months of pain and significant weakness in my legs, which has led me to almost a prisoner in my own home I finally had more tests. I received a letter from the hospital today with some of them on in which I will list below. I sure what they all mean is that everything is normal (not what I wanted to hear, sick I know but I need a name and some treatment), but if anyone out there can help me with a laymans translation I would greatly appriciate it.

I’m feeling very depressed at the moment knowing there is something wrong with me and nobody being able to say what. I’ve suffered for 3 years now and all the consultants can say is “You don’t fall neatly into any box, so we may never know whats wrong with you”.

Work have been great up until now but how do I explain all the time off I need (I’m a police officer), without and real evidence from anyone but myself.

** MRI normal intracranial ajppearances, lumbar puncture showed protein of 0.48, a glucose of 3.7 (paired serum 5.5), white cell count of 1, negative oligocianal bands in both serum and CSF and no evidence of atypical cells of cytology.

I’m still waiting on the EMG and VEPs.

Can anyone help me with the results or advice please.

Thanks in advance

oh sorry you’ve been left wondering like this.

i dont know what it all means but i’m really lucky in that my neuro speaks english not gobbledegook

i would ask next time for a laymans interpretation

also try posting on everyday living because there are some very clever folk on there

carole x

Thanks Carole,

I’ll try that, I’ve read through a few posts on here and unfortunately I’m not the only one left in Libo like this neuro problems seem really hard to diagnose.

I can’t help you with the blood test numbers, but the MRI and oligoclonal bands bits say that everything is normal. Which is great, but not exactly helpful in narrowing down what’s going on :frowning:

Sorry that you seem to have run out of options at the moment :frowning:

Hang in there!

Karen x

Thanks Karen,

I’m trying to and reading all the posts on this site help alot so thanks to everyone here x