[Removed]

[Content removed by Moderator]

Hi Sue,

l looked it up as l had not heard of it - in the list of ingredients the only thing l do not take already is the Ashwagandha - so l searched for info on it - and have now ordered it from Amazon. l read that you should not take the 500mg dose more then 4 times a week. Amazon deliver free the next day - so l shall soon be giving it a try.

Try anything me!!! lts also a aphrodisiac -

F.

oops seems my post got removed, should not have menioned a company that sells products I suppose :frowning:

I found this

What is Ashwagandha used for? Ashwagandha is reported to have many uses and is claimed to provide great benefit to over-all health and wellbeing. One of the most beneficial areas of use for Ashwagandha is in the support of the mind and body. Herbalists have long valued the addition of Ashwagandha as a supportive addition to a healthy balanced diet. And as with many traditional Indian therapies, Ashwagandha has been used for centuries to maintain a natural balance and give an over-all health supplement to those using it as a complement to their diet.

hey Sue don’t worry about rule breaking. Also thanks for reposting what it was all about as I was naturally curious. Are you taking it and what benefits are you getting? Hugs Min xx

Warning

A simple google search of side effects of Ashwagandha brought up many articles all saying that because Ashwagandha boosts the immune system it should not be used in MS

“Auto-immune diseases” such as multiple sclerosis (MS), lupus(systemic lupus erythematosus, SLE), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), or other conditions: Ashwagandha might cause the immune system to become more active, and this could increase the symptoms of auto-immune diseases. If you have one of these conditions, it’s best to avoid using ashwagandha.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-953-ASHWAGANDHA.aspx?activeIngredientId=953&activeIngredientName=ASHWAGANDHA

Inflammatory Conditions

The fact that Ashwagandha helps boost immunity, taking this medicinal herb during inflammatory or muscle degenerative conditions can cause flare-ups of greater severity and frequency. Thus, it is advised to avoid taking this Indian herb in conditions like multiple sclerosis, arthritis and lupus.

http://ashwagandhasideeffects.org/

Just because something is natural does not mean it is good for you and there are dangers in self medicating, whether it be alternative medications or standard medicines.

Cheers,

Belinda