Relapse?

Hi everyone, I am so sorry to keep being on here asking questions but I don’t know where else to turn and when the night time comes I think the monsters come out more. Rachael had a sensory relapse 4 weeks ago and received intravenous steroids about 3 weeks ago. This last week she has had numbness start in her left foot, it felt big and as if she was walking on a high heel, it travelled up to her left thigh. Today she says it’s in both legs now, her bum, her fingers are tingling and she feels as if she has ants under her skin in both legs, feet and hands. For a treat she went to hairdressers yesterday and had her hair dyed, she has developed an allergic reaction to the dye and now has rash around head, neck and ears. She has taken an antihistamine (sp) to try and get rid of the itching and to deal with the allergic reaction. She is very unstable while walking, dizzy, fatigued, sore head (stopped the co codamol) and is very weepy and fed up. I too am very weepy as it just seems so hopeless. Is this another relpase or is there not enough time passed from last one and symptoms to these symptoms? Linda x

I would contact the m.s nurse hun. I notice from other posts she’s just started rebif and it does say that this can cause a pseudo relapse however I’m not sure to ehat extreme. Contact the professionals and please don’t apologise for posting. That’s what we’re here for and it’s no problem. I feel for you both. Lots of love xxxx

Hi, contacted M.S. nurse so back to relapse clinic on Monday. It just seems never ending and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for reply. Linda x

hi linda

i was diagnosed in 2008 and i was having a massive relapse.

it took me over a year to get over it, but i managed to improve quite a lot.#

rachael is a lot younger than me and hopefully she’ll recover faster.

HBOT is good for repairing damage. footballers use it.

i go to a ms therapy centre in trafford, manchester for it.

i really think you both would benefit from going to a ms therapy centre.

all ages go and theres always good gossip!

carole x

Hi Carole, thanks for that. Looked up HBOT and the nearest one is nearly 4 hours away from us driving. Thought maybe it would be quicker flying as live by an airport that Ryan Air use although would rather chew my own arm off than give them a penny but for my daughter I would go against my principles if it would help her and believe it or not the flight goes from my home town in Scotland to Birmingham before then flying back up to Scotland to Inverness and takes longer than it would were I to drive straight from here. What is that about? Anywhoo, will ask on Monday at relapse clinic to see if they know of one closer that maybe is used by divers rather than at a M.S. clinic. Thanks again. Linda x

Hi Carole, thanks for that. Looked up HBOT and the nearest one is nearly 4 hours away from us driving. Thought maybe it would be quicker flying as live by an airport that Ryan Air use although would rather chew my own arm off than give them a penny but for my daughter I would go against my principles if it would help her and believe it or not the flight goes from my home town in Scotland to Birmingham before then flying back up to Scotland to Inverness and takes longer than it would were I to drive straight from here. What is that about? Anywhoo, will ask on Monday at relapse clinic to see if they know of one closer that maybe is used by divers rather than at a M.S. clinic. Thanks again. Linda x