Forum

Rebismart

Anyone know how important the positioning of the Rebismart is whilst injecting? The instructions say hold vertically against your skin when injecting. However, when doing the side of your thigh, tummy or bum this is pretty tricky. Is horizontal ok?

Not sure what you mean… as long as the business end of the Rebismart is full-on to the place you’re injecting (i.e. not at an odd angle, it should be straight/flat on), I’ve always found it’s fine. Upside down might cause a problem, but anywhere else, it appears to do as it should. Don’t panic too much about it!

Thanks, guessed I was overthinking it. Just instructions say hold vertically against skin whereas I held it beside the side of my thigh if that makes sense. Guess it’s smart so wouldn’t inject if I was doing it wrong

Hiya

I think I get what you mean.

As long as the end touching your skin is flat to your skin that’s fine.

I used to do the side of my leg so, like you say, you hold the Rebismart horizontally as you’re not holding its vertically. You will be fine. Like you say, if you were holding it incorrectly it wouldn’t inject.

Take care.

Shazzie x

Thanks for that. I’m working on the assumption that if it was held wrongly it wouldn’t work.

I had the misfortune to met [removed by moderator],I went to see him regarding my ms.I had HSCT two years ago and wanted a drug that was recommend to me,not only was it recommend it made me feel much better.I have not seen a Dr about my condition for over 12,years,not cost the nhs any money.the moment I entered his room he was frosty asked what I was doing there so I explained,his response was you are not financially viable for treatment,so I asked about any trials WE aren’t doing any was hi reply so my partner and I left, at know point did he say we can offer you anything different.we complained and got a response that backed [removed by moderator], unbelievable they had a excuse for every point,they must have a huge book of excuses.