Rebif storage

When I was on rebif I stored the rebi smart plus rebif in the fridge whilst on titration. Then when I was on full dose my nurse told me to keep the device out of the fridge as the batteries can get affected by the cold. So I after I had my Fridays injection I would take the new cartridge out of fridge and put in rebi smart ready for the following weeks injections and keep the rebi smart in my bedroom.Cathy

Hi Sara

Oh yes, the Rebismart is much more comfortable than the Rebiject. I was using the Rebiject for the first 6 months and it was brutal. It used to fire the needles in like a javelin ha ha! My local nurse arranged the switch as she knew my dexterity was affected and I was having trouble with the soft touch button on the Rebiject. Consequently by the time I had pressed the darned thing I had also pressed the whole pen into my leg much too hard resulting in bleeding and bruising.

The cartridges are safe to be kept out of the fridge up to 30 deg C for 2 weeks so on 44mcg they last a week and I always keep mine in the cupboard ready for the week. I leave the spare ones in the fridge until I need to insert a new one in the Rebismart. I can’t remember a time in the last 3 years when I have had to worry about the temperature exceeding safe limits. Good old British summers :wink:

Tracey x

Thanks Tracey, you’ve made me soo happy! I’ve swapped because of dexterity too. Sara x

In that case, Sara, you are going to notice such a difference. Let me know what you think. My local nurse said you would hope that hospitals would recommend it to patients but it only seems to be offered to new patients. I guess we’re the lucky ones.

T x