Quickest DLA award in history of the world!

Yes folk, your eyes are not deceiving you. I have already got the DLA award letter.

I sent it in exactly a month ago, on 11th June.

Got high mobility and middle care. Same as before and I’m happy with it. It’s fair.

BUT this time I get the ‘indefinite’ time period… which would be great if PIP wasn’t waiting to pop through my letterbox.

Well it’s something else I don’t need to worry about…

Beautiful day in London. Sun is shining, sky is blue…

Wishing you all a lovely weekend,

Pat xx

4 Likes

Well done Pat, one less thing to think about.

Hey, I just had a thought…Dickie was the first good news, DLA was the second, and they say it comes in 3’s…are you doing the lottery tonight?

Nice here today, sun with a lovely cooling breeze.

Pam x

1 Like

Great news Pat someone somewhere in the DWP is getting things right.

Jan x

2 Likes

Yes Pam I always play the Saturday lottery online!

OMG maybe you’re right… and things do come in 3’s.

Blimey. Don’t think I can handle anymore excitement

Pat xx

2 Likes

Well done Pat, you obviously write a good application. Does not getting shot in Wood Green count as one of the three?

2 Likes

Whammel as I so rarely leave the comfort of my flat my chances of being shot are seriously diminished…

(You’ve obviously seen the news!).

Hope you’re doing well,

Pat xx

2 Likes

You was the first person I thought of when I heard the news last night and slightly concerned about the risk of crossfire. Either that, or it’s an angry IDS looking for retribution following your successful DLA application. Be careful out there.

3 Likes

Excellent news Pat. Can we all send you our claim forms to you to complete? Really pleased for you.

Cath x

2 Likes

great news, Pat,wouldnt you think they would have just sent you the pip forms instead of having to fill the DLA forms only for you to have to apply for the pip too… but that would be asking too much of the dhss …wouldnt it now…lol

anyway its good news you have got the award you should have …

J x

2 Likes

I would have thought they could have just extended DLA until I get PIP forms.

That of course would have been far too sensible.

Pat xx

2 Likes

Thanks for your concern Whammel.

Pat xx

2 Likes

That would have been sensible to me too. The fact that it went through so quickly probably means they just skimmed through it and passed it, knowing it’ll be properly assessed soon. Waste of your time and unnecessary stress.

Cath

2 Likes

Yes Cath that occurred to me as well. Saw I had medical evidence, saw what I am currently getting, and passed it.

All that bloody work!

But if I hadn’t of done it properly I would have got the most picky DWP worker and been turned down.

Such is life!

Pat xx

2 Likes

I am really pleased for you Pat. One less thing to worry about

lyn

2 Likes

Hi Pat.

well done you!!! You must be so releived. you must have done a better job than me, still waiting to here my fate and still waiting for the call back to see why they are looking at my claim again.

Please send some of that good luck to me.

Mags xx

2 Likes

Well Done Pat, I’m so pleased for you!

Sending you good luck vibes Mags

Nina x

2 Likes

Good luck thoughts winging its way to you Màgs.

Pam x

1 Like

All extremities crossed for you Mags!

Pat xx

1 Like

Thanks everyone,

I am soaking up the vibes, means a lot. I am dreading the letter and I will probably have to go through the assessment again.

Stomach is in knots already.

Mags xx

2 Likes

Good luck Mags, it always winds me up that we really struggle to get our benefits when loads of people who aren’t ill get it with no problem because they know how to play the system. Sometimes honesty doesn’t pay unfortunately. Let’s hope all goes smoothly for you.

Cath x

2 Likes