Q&A session

Hi guys As part of my ms classes we have 45 mins with a nuro tomorrow does anyone want me to ask him anything specific? X

What a kind thought Ruthy, I see mine next week but thanks for asking. Hope it goes well. Nina x

What a kind offer, thank you. I’ve just seen my Neuro and so far so good.

Cath xx

How nice of you Ruthy. I think a few years on this board has answered all of my questions! Good luck and please do let us know how it went and if you learnt anything new. Thanks, Pat xx :slight_smile:

Yes Thanks.

MS is apparently caused by the immune system active in the CNS which is why O bands are in the CNS fluid. But what causes the MS if the LP is negative ? I have a negative LP, one spinal lesion and no brain lesions so cant get a DX although I look typical of PPMS. Another thing the spinal lesion comes and goes on the MRI. - Waxing and Waning sort of thing!

Thanks

Moyna xxx

Thank you Ruth, I’m meeting with my MS nurse in a couple of weeks thank you

Hope it’s useful to you

Sonia x

[quote=“Moyna”]

Yes Thanks.

MS is apparently caused by the immune system active in the CNS which is why O bands are in the CNS fluid. But what causes the MS if the LP is negative ? I have a negative LP, one spinal lesion and no brain lesions so cant get a DX although I look typical of PPMS. Another thing the spinal lesion comes and goes on the MRI. - Waxing and Waning sort of thing!

Thanks

Moyna xxx

[/quote] Good question Moyna’s but I think, frustratingly for you, that nobody knows the answer. So much is not known about MS. Read somewhere that scientists know more about the galaxy than the brain. Seems mad to say I wish they would find some lesions on your brain, but for your sake, I wish they would. Pat xx

Hi

Sorry Monya I saw him in the morning, but tbh, he spoke nuro talk so I didnt understand the simplest things he said lol and after meeting with my nuro after I did wish I could speak to him again! x

Einstein said that if you can’t explain something simply, you don’t understand it properly. I think all medical people should have that as their motto! (Esp neuros!) Pat xx :slight_smile:

Well said Pat!

Sonia x

Yes, I also agree with Pat. I remember as a nurse spending ages translating what doctors said to the patients. Now that my brain doesn’t work as well I always take my dad to appointments I suspect will be complicated as he remembers what’s been said, which I can’t do, and I translate the jargon, so by the time we get home we both know what was said. I don’t tell any doctors I was a nurse so they’ll talk at a rate I can keep up with in case my dad gets lost with what’s said, awful isn’t it?

Don’t be afraid to ask questions though, many doctors don’t realise they’re using terminology that patients don’t have in their daily vocabulary. They should explain what they’re on about. And don’t be frightened to take a list of questions, my Neuro appreciates me doing that and encourages it so that when I leave him I have all the answers I need. Good luck.

Cath xx