Put the kettle on!

Stella, coffee does the same to me, though it sounds like it does it even more so to you! I can only surmise that there’s more caffeine per mug in coffee, than there is in tea?

I’m finding I put less milk in my tea than I used to, it’s fine with just a little splash if I’m running low.

I know our friend loves masses of milk in his tea but we say that is because he is a dairy farmer I can’t stand too much milk. It is really strange how your taste changes and I have found I can’t stand to use a soap I have used for years as it now smells like creocote wood stuff

Are you talking about coal tar? One whiff of that and I have instant memories of my grandad.

Milky tea’s always been pretty yucky to me, but several years ago I’d not have liked it with a mere dribble of milk in it, which I’m quite happy with now. Yes, it really is strange how our palettes change, Would be interesting to know the science behind it. :slight_smile:

No we have used imperial leather for about 30 years but now I can’t stand it if I use it I keep thinking I smell chemicals it is weird hubby still uses it and it doesn’t smell weird to me on him just when I use it I keep saying has someone painted wood nearby it drives hubby mad!!!

Must try decaf tea but I do like it strong

Oh Val, you’re not alone there! It was the vending machines in the factory where I used to work that altered my beverage habits. I used to drink what they euphemistically labelled as coffee from these machines. It didn’t taste much like coffee, but it was hot and wet, as they say, less rank than the tea, anyway! Then they got new machines and the coffee from those made me nauseous D:< So I started skipping the nasty powdered creamer and drinking it black with sugar.

It was only the last generation of machines (P&O ones) that made palatable tea. Modern technology coming along in leaps and bounds!

I’m pretty sure I’ve tried decaf tea, but not intentionally, lol. Lacklustre stuff : /

That’s that body chemistry thing, isn’t it. Like when you buy a perfume because you love how it smells on a friend, and it smells disgusting on you!

Just topped up on Douwe Egberts’ Smooth Caramel coffee. My Sunday treat…

Apparently it inspired Michael Jackson’s hit single too, though that may be a blatant lie…

Hi, although Polly put the kettle on rhyme was written just for me (!), I rarely have hot drinks! I stopped having tea at breakfast time,in bed, after hubby placed the tray on my lap, when I hadnt actually woken up and hence I got a very nasty scalding!!!

I drink gallons of water…to assist my spc to empty my bladder cleanly. I only have a hot drink when I am feeling cold.

When dining out, I prefer a fruit juice to alcofrolic stuff!

But am gonna sample sangria and other cocktails when on me jollies in Barcelona and on my cruise!!! Someone has to look posh, eh!

polxx

HI Jelly - pear and apple tea is from Lidl - the make is ‘Knightsbridge’ and I think my friend said something like 89p for box of 40… enjoy.

Val, it sounds like you work for a very typical British (i.e. stingy) company! But you’re right, at least you get a decent cuppa now. Very much if you want something doing properly, do it yourself ><

Andy…smooth criminal? Or am I not tuned into Radio Carraboy at all today?

Ooh , Poll, ouch! D:<

I had delicious sangria in Lanzarote, really lovely. Vastly superior to that nasty premixed stuff from a bottle which was all I’d had previously. Watch out for the cocktails though! If mainland Spain’s the same as it’s islands, they don’t skimp with the measures! They basically don’t measure anything. After having just one delicious cocktail in a bar one evening I fell off the curb I was so drunk! And this was long before MS had darkened my door. BF of course was doubled up laughing rather than asking if I was ok, typical guy, right? xD

Hazel, Lidl huh? Ok, I’ll mention this to my mum for if she goes up there again! Thanks! 79p for 40, bargain!

1 Like

Pukka Earl Grey; Pukka Lemon, Ginger & Manuka Honey; Pukka Clean Green (green with lemon); Pukka Three Mint (Peppermint, Spearmint & Field Mint) [Pukka Pattern emerging] otherwise Black Tea or Black Coffee (of the rocket fuel filter variety) no sugar.

I used to hate fruity teas, and only drank strong tea with milk… but then, when visiting a friend of mine, who doesn’t have milk in the house, she offered me a liquorice and peppermint tea, and I really liked it… now I’m addicted to the stuff!

My favourites are Aldi’s Lemon and ginger (much nicer than the twinings one in my opinion and less than half the price I think), Liquorice and peppermint (Pukka), Twinings Winter Spice ands Cherry and Cinnamon… might have to investigate Lidl’s range soon I think!

I’m still partial to a proper strong cuppa though, and am currently on Aldi’s fairtrade tea, which is good.

I’ve never tried licorice and peppermint, I do think I need to give it a go. I’m one of the people who pulls grotesque faces about licorice, but one day when I was getting my hair cut, my hairdresser (who’d just got his delivery of that month’s batch of magazines) gave me the freebie of Panda licorice that came with one of them. Now that stuff was yummy! It’s this that I’m on about. Not the stuff that looks like sliced up electrical cable.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2743/4519739616_de8914935f.jpg

So I think I should be brave and try the tea! Pukka teas have such pretty packaging, out of my price range, sadly. I’ve had their aloe vera juice though, that was rather good!

I have 2 Tassimo Latte Macchiato Caramels in the morning so I don’t get a caffeine headache need to start cutting it back. Can’t drink caffeine late in the day anymore or I can’t sleep at night.

I love my Pukka Tea’s - Elderberry & Echinacea at breakfast, Womankind X1 day, favourite is Peppermint & LicorIce, Bedtime is Clipper snore & peace or pukka nighttime.

Snowqueen

Radio Carraboy is only one feature in my world. Feeding penguins and snail racing can also feature, and lots of Haribo and ferrets. Maybe even ferrets eating Haribo…while feeding penguins ? Now that’s an idea…

I tried some peppermint tea as it was made by Nelson. Being a Norfolker and all. Unfortunately, it did taste as if Nelson himself made it. They went in the bin. Perhaps I should’ve given it to the pigeons…

Andy

Hwy, maybe the ferrets can do the next Haribo ad, the current one makes me want to hurt people…

Are you besmirching Nelson’s tea making skills, Andy?! You might end up in the Tower for that! Think of peppermint tea as medicinal, it’s awesome for sorting out bloating and indigestion. So I’m not sure you’d want pigeons drinking it! That column could well end up completely buried in poop xD

That’s why you never see the dude smiling…

And he’s already lost an eye from it…

Used to enjoy a nice cup of black hyper sweet tea… english breakfast i believe.

Then i moved to california for a while and discovered to my horror, that all teas seem to be infused with cinnamon.

i switched to coffee and became a starbucks addict.

back in blighty this persisted, through nescafe instant during the uni student years, then something requiring a cafeterrie (sp?) after that.

now in canada, a nice cuppa qwaffy to stain the taste buds is my go to hot bevvie; but on occasion, i will opt for a Red bush / rooibos tea. black no additives.

to me, it tastes like how tea used to (during my pre-californian age) and i understand is also caffeine free.

Paolo, interesting that red bush tastes like normal tea to you!

Do people make iced tea from it? I imagine that would be pretty nice.

I consume around 15-20 cups of tea every day using PG Tips Pyramids and against medical advice.

After I have used each tea-bag, it is put into my garden worm bins. The worms love them and they consume all of my organic waste and make compost. This habit saves the local council from collecting it with their air-polluting lorries. I reckon my worms have consumed around 6-7-tonnes of organic waste over the last 15-years.