Forum

Pregabalin Dosage

I have been taking Pregabalin for the last 8 weeks- initially 150mg/day (3 x 50mg), however, it did nothing to diminish the pain in my legs and feet, so my GP advised me to gradually up the dose to 300mg/day - which I did over a 7 day period. 300mg still hasn’t even touched the pain. (Apart from feeling a tad woozy initially and also reacting to the lactose coating {lactose intolerant} I have had no adverse side effects ).

I saw my (new) Neurologist on Friday and she advised me to double the dose again. I asked if I should gradually increase the dosage and what side effects I may get ( I don’t want feel “zombified” :frowning: ), however, her response was …“You have pain…then double the dose” :x
I would welcome advice regarding upping to 600mg - did you do this gradually? Any side effects? Could you still funtion “normally” (whatever that is :lol: :lol: :lol: ) ?

Thank you in advance

Mel
x

Hi,
I have been taking Pregabalin for 3 years.

The maximum generally used is 300mg twice a day. I am taking less than that now but I took the maximum for a long time and it does help.
I now take 150mg in the morning and 300mg at night. Reducing helps me not to feel too ‘zonked’ as that was the main side effect from it along with weight gain!

I hope the higher dose does help and just bear in mind you may feel zonked for a while.

Sally

Hi, do you take anything else too. I take amitryptiline too, and one time I was taking codeine too. The highest doses I was on was pregabalin 100mg twice a day and 250mg at night. Also 50mg amitryptiline at night and codeine 10mg 3 times a day. I have managed to cut it down as my pain is not that bad, and at the minute I am not taking any codeine, and I now take 40mg amitryptiline,and 50mg pregabalin twice a day, but am still on 250mg at night. Do you think trying a second drug might help? It was my GP, not the neuro that suggested trying different doses until I found help.
Lynne x

Hi there, I went from 300mg straight to 600 of pregab’ because the 300 wasn’t shifting the pain. No ill effects- no problems but not much help either. I expect you will be fine with the higher dosage. I hope it does the trick for you.