Possible symptoms...thoughts?

I am new to this forum. Thank you in advance for any wisdom you can share with me. I have been having several symptoms that my doctors and I have found troubling and concerning. Five months ago, I came down with a case of shingles. I was diagnosed and medicated very early on. I had the usual burning, itching and rash along a nerve at the base of my throat. Soon after the rash cleared up, I started experiencing an icy hot burning sensation all over my body…not all at the same time…traveling. I thought that it was postherpetic neuralgia pain, but the area on my chest/throat never hurt. After being on Gabapentin for several months, I was sent to a neurologist for further information. I have had “breakthrough” pain on the gabapentin along with an increase in the variety of symptoms…icy hot pain has changed to intense burning pain - hands, face, neck, back, feet, legs, numbness and tingling around mouth, muscle tightness in left leg and lower back, hypersensivity of fingertips on left hand. Two years ago, I experienced facial numbness and tingling of my face and left forearm and hand. I was sent to the emergency room to check for stroke. I was then referred to a neurologist who ordered a MRI to check for TIA. No TIA was indicated, but the report noted the presence of white spots that could possibly be demyelination. Now, the new neurologist wants to me to get another MRI with/without contrast. Of course, my insurance company is balking and stalling. My doctor is stumped. She wants to rule out MS, but she couldn’t give me any idea what else could be causing these symptoms. Thoughts?

Bump.

Found post on page 2 so think it may have been held for moderation. Just wanted to let you know that you were not being ignored. I am sure that someone will be able to help.

Angela x

Bump again.

I would really love to have some feedback…