Positive thoughts please

Sorry everyone - posted on the duplicate of this post so thought better update this one as well.

Thanks everyone. Today’s update - unchanged. Not eating so if he survives until Monday they will consider whether he is well enough to withstand feeding tube. I just wonder how these people sleep at night, harming defenceless animals, they are the lowest of the low. He has his favourite nurse on duty over the weekend. The vets are all so lovely and caring and put up with me phoning and visiting. Nothing seems too much trouble for them. Just taking a day at a time. No better isn’t great but it is better than a decline.

Glad he has his favourite nurse with him this weekend. What is his name Dinks?

Fingers crossed he will be able to have a feeding tube.

Be thinking of you and your doggy.

Shazzie xx

Thanks Shazzie - he is called Obe, he is such a gentle, easy going chap. He smiles at everyone, although he can scare people with his smile the first time they meet him! he will smile on command which children love and they all ask him to smile when they see him out and about.

Massive good thoughts for Obe. I really will be sending them vibes and asking for him to get better. Big love to you and him xxxx

Awww. Bless little Obe. He sounds wonderful.

He was the first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning. You must be beside yourself with worry.

I really hope he starts to feel better tomorrow.

Shazzie xx

Today’s update for all those wonderful caring folk on here who are so concerned about my boy.

It is with a very heavy heart I have to say my lad lost his fight this morning. The vet rang to say he was going downhill fast and to come down. He lifted his head once in acknowledgement and the deed was done to end his struggle. To say I am heartbroken is an understatement. He was a great friend first and my show dog second. He is now over rainbow bridge with my other companions running free. Thank you all again.

I am so sorry to hear this. It is heartbreaking when they leave us.

Alison

Aww poor you. So sorry to hear your boy lost his fight. Take care of yourself. Thinking of you xxxx

So so sorry. They really are best friends. No more suffering for him. Big love to you xx

Oh Dinks. I am lost for words. I know that I can’t say anything that will help you at the moment. Poor Obe. I hope that he has found my beautiful Shepherd Mika and they are running round heaven.

I can only guess how you feel. It is hard enough losing our lovely faithful friend to an illness. You must feel much worse when it was down to him being poisoned.

I feel very sad for you.

Shazzie xx

I am in floods of tears reading this. I have been thinking about your poor boy constantly and prayed with all my heart he would survive. I am glad you were with Obe at the end and I am sure he felt how much you loved him and felt comforted with you being there beside him. Obe is now free of pain and playing happily over the Rainbow Bridge but I know how devasted you must be feeling Dinks and I send you lots of love and hugs. xxx

So,so sorry. Can’t post what my husband is saying at the moment, I think I’d get banned, suffice to say, he is very upset and angry on your behalf too.

Alison x

I am so so sorry to hear what has happened to your poor boy. I cannot put into words what I would like to do to the evil person that has done this.

So sorry

xxxxxxxx

So sorry little one has gone. I really hoped and prayed Obe would make it. At least hes not in pain anymore, and more importantly he was surrounded by so much love right till the end and he knew it. He’s not only with all the other doggie angels, playing around in a field of paradise chasing squirrel angels, you mustnt forget he will always be around you in spirit. That’s what I believe any way…they never really leave you.

My thoughts are with you and your family

Sending you much love and hugs

Almond xxxxxx

Hi Dinks,

I am so sorry to hear that you lost Obe. It is such an awful thing to have happened and you must really be suffering at the moment. Nothing I can say except I am so very, very sorry. Hopefully, he is in a much better place now and comforting to know that he at least spend his last couple of days being cared for by his favourite nurse.

Take care of yourself,

Boo x

Dinks

My pets are the children I never had I lost Cindy,Shazzar ,Maxwell recently they were all rescued, I would rather have love from my pets than most people.

Graham

Oh I am so, so sorry for your loss of your sweet baby. I am in tears for you as I know how it feels, not only to lose a loving pet, but the fact that they were poisoned. I lost two of my beautiful cats within 2 days and they had been poisoned wth antifreeze. It may have been accidental, but I’ll never know. It hurt even moreso with one of them because she was the last present I had from my late husband and that link to him has gone. Be comforted that you did everything you possibly could have for poor Obe, and you were with him to the very end.

Somebody sent me this after I lost my two furbabies, and although it made me cry I think it sums things up really well.

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak And pain should keep me from my sleep Then you must do what must be done For this, the last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand Don’t let the grief then stay your hand, For this day, more than the rest Your love and friendship stand the test

We’ve had so many happy years, What is to come can hold no fears. You’d not want me to suffer so; When the time comes please let me go

Take me where my needs they’ll tend And stay with me, if you can, to the end. Hold me firm and speak to me, Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time, you will see It is a kindness you do for me I know my tail its last has waved From pain and suffering I’ve been saved

Don’t grieve that it should be you Who must decide this thing to do We’ve been so close, we two, these years, Don’t let your heart hold any tears.

Smile, for we walked together for a little while

Sorry it’s so long, but really wanted to share it with you.

Big hugs xxxx

I couldnt post before Dinks, but we lost our dog after she was poisoned, I was hoping you may have had a better outcome, huge hugs love, I know how helpess you feel when you would give anything to help. Your boy isnt in pain anymore. take care

BCxx

Thank you all so much. The poem is beautiful. I am full of mixed emotions. Guilt that I could not prevent it from happening. Anger that someone could actually do this. Grief because I adored him. Loneliness, the empty space. Exhaustion just from the whole experience and lack of sleep and overwhelming sadness. It does not matter how many fourlegged friends we have they are all individual and special and it always breaks our heart when we have to say goodbye. He was young and should have had many years in front of him - it just wasnt to be. Time doesnt heal but it will stem the flow of tears.

So sorry that the poem was all disjointed. It didn’t look like that when I did it .

Everything you’re feeling is it should be and all part of the grieving. Try to remember the many happy times you had together and not the difficlt and sad recent time. xxx