pleasently surprised atos assessment

well had my assessment today with atos and i was really surprised…i didnt get some cocky idiot, there was a proper dr and he was really nice, he went thru everything that was wrong with me, all medications, all side effects, how it affected me doing things, i was getting my wiords mixed up and he was really good, he just told me to take as much time that i needed to say what i needed to say, he was kind and patient, i was really surprised but happy, so i can say that not every one at atos is a idiot and will let you take your time and be really nice with you, so i hope that helps some ppl who have assessments coming up with atos, that sometimes its not as bad as you think like i did.

Colour me cynical but I’d wait for the results of your medical before you hand out the bouquets

I just don’t trust those guys and to be honest nice has me as worried as nasty.

Is this a medical for ESA, does everyone have to go for a face to face medical?

it was a medical for esa coz i was put on esa wrag from incapacity, so this was the assessment for it,…wendels i can understand where your coming from, but i gota look on the bright side to stop me stresin out so much bout the decision, but i am waiting for a bad decision tho, just incase, i dont wana set myself up for a shock thinkin its gona turn out all good, if it doesnt

Thanks Vikki, I will be going through this I think April or may, I’ve been on incapacity since 1996, can I ask did you fill your form in yourself or did you get help from CAB or welfare rights?

I dont want to be cynical either but I’ve had an atos assessment that at the time seemed to go well, however when the assessment came through it was as if it was written by a different doctor and about someone else not me!

Hope in this case its different for you, I am currently going for appeal

Jools x

i filled it out myself with help from mum as i get confused with forms, i couldnt get help from cab as they had a 6-8 week waiting list and i couldnt wait that long

im lookin on the bright side, but now cautious just incase, if you appeal will they stop the esa you get while you appeal? coz im really scared of that, i get dla but low rates and i cant survice on that till they get round to appealing if thats the case

I have got an mobility clinic assessment tuesday to see if i need a blue badge, having to use 2 walking sticks sometimes to

walk with and just been issued with a safety walker by my local hospitial, as they said it would be more beneficial to me,on the

letter it states the ima assessor will assess your mobility over a measured distance to ensure that the local blue badge office

make the correct decision what a farce, if i did not need it i would not have applied for it and i had to see the company doctor in july 2012 who in his report said that i should be in the possession of one, i have now been off work now for 6 months

regards to all

Mike

hI

I had my ATOS assessment for DLA today. I thought it went ok as well, but im very cynical so im not counting my chickens. One funny thing i did see though was a young girl who hobbled into the waiting room with a pained look, she then sat down and waited with me to be called. The receptionist opened the counter up and suspiciously dropped a piece of paper on the floor, the girl jumped up and bent down to the ground and walked over and gave it to her!!!

No doubt the receptionist passed that on to the assessor …

Hi, it is refreshing to hear than an ATOS assessment went well.

I do hope you get the right decision.

luv Pollx

[quote=“Jools68”]

I dont want to be cynical either but I’ve had an atos assessment that at the time seemed to go well, however when the assessment came through it was as if it was written by a different doctor and about someone else not me!

Hope in this case its different for you, I am currently going for appeal

Jools x

[/quote] Decisions are made by DWP based on ATOS report, not by ATOS, so it was someone else.

Hiya

Glad you got on ok.

All my contacts with Atos over the past 12 months have been very positive and they have always been very supportive.

Hope you get a good result.

Shazzie xx

[quote=Shepherdess]

Hiya

Glad you got on ok.

All my contacts with Atos over the past 12 months have been very positive and they have always been very supportive.

Hope you get a good result.

Shazzie xx

[/quote Ditto