Please help me to decide on a way forward

Hi I am a 36 year old female. I have 3 children. I am looking for help and advice please. Can anyone recommend a private neurologist to go too please? I have seen my own GP a few times, ive been to the eye emergency and both them and the GP recommended I see a neurologist as well. I have been waiting to see one, This has been going on for a year and I want to see if I can see a private consultant maybe and ask to see them on their NHS clinic if possible afterwards.

I have had a variety of symptoms that have got worse and more recurring over time.

i have had various vision problems, blurry eyesight in right eye, that comes ad goes, also like looking through a mist/fog like vision. each episode had been going on for over a year now and each time it comes it lasts for longer now.

I also have a feeling of pins and needles and a burning pain over my right part of my head and eye.

I have been to the opticians and GP and also the eye emergency clinic.

I have very bad long term memory and can not remember hardly anything at all and my short term memory is getting awful. I have to have a notepad open on my PC and write down things as I think of them otherwise they are gone.

I have had very bad episodes of pins and needles and my hand and arm going completely “dead” on my right arm and less so in my left arm.

I tend to lose my grip on things or drop them.

More worryingly now I have this in my right foot and up to my knee, I also get it in my left foot but not as bad. I have fallen now several times as i can not feel my feet to walk on them when this happens.

When this happens I have also embarrasingly had some bladder accidents too.

This is really effecting my life.

My eye had started to “cloud” up again today and feel blurred and funny.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thank you Emma.

Hi Emma, I’m sorry I can’t help you with a private neuro, I’ve only ever been seen by an NHS neuro. Perhaps visit your GP again & ask him to help? A year is far too long to wait. Your GP would be able to recommend a private neuro if that’s what you want.

Good luck

Rosina x

If you contact a private hospital near you abd ask for an appointment with a neuro that specialises in MS. They may say you need a GP referral letter.

Moyna xxx