Please hang on and try to persevere (dawney-t)

Its as the title says, please try and persevere with this forum. Any members who were using the forums pre August 2005 will remember the change-over to the now ‘old forum’ and it was the same then, people complaining that they couldn’t use it - it wasn’t as good as the ‘old’ forum etc etc, but the more people used it the easier it got and it will be the same with this one, I am sure, especially once all the glitches have been sorted. Hang on in there Dawn .

Think those who are not computer literate fully especially older msers who might be new to computers are finding it particularly hard work navigating. As with any new system ease of use is the key. Ive tried finding anon function should I need to use it but cannot find it anywhere and I have my very apt son trying to help me and hes flumoxed. Im sure in time some will persevere whereas others will give up the ghost. Its such a shame though as any major change encountered by those suffering ms can bring on medical issues as well as technical, some can be addressed however some will lose friends because they cannot get to grips with it at all, I know Ive talked to quite a few. Simple instructions on the old site for us all to print off would have helped, shortcuts etc. bren x

Well said you. X S :sunglasses:

yawn - I can’t read you post! The colour is too pale on the white background.

yawn wrote:

Think those who are not computer literate fully especially older msers who might be new to computers are finding it particularly hard work navigating. As with any new system ease of use is the key. Ive tried finding anon function should I need to use it but cannot find it anywhere and I have my very apt son trying to help me and hes flumoxed. Im sure in time some will persevere whereas others will give up the ghost. Its such a shame though as any major change encountered by those suffering ms can bring on medical issues as well as technical, some can be addressed however some will lose friends because they cannot get to grips with it at all, I know Ive talked to quite a few. Simple instructions on the old site for us all to print off would have helped, shortcuts etc. bren x

The anon option seems to have disappeared :? :? :? Another little glitch that needs sorting :lol: :lol: :lol: Can you define an “older MSer” dearie :?: :x Note, I am now sensitive about my age :wink:

Verona, I was wondering what an ‘older mser’ is too - I’m nearly 50 and been diagnosed over 7 years !! Dawn

Some people with MS have trouble with colours like that green.Like Ellen I can’t read it either! Sue

Some people with MS have trouble with colours like that green.Like Ellen I can’t read it either! Sue

HERE’S BREN’S post … Not in colour Think those who are not computer literate fully especially older msers who might be new to computers are finding it particularly hard work navigating. As with any new system ease of use is the key. Ive tried finding anon function should I need to use it but cannot find it anywhere and I have my very apt son trying to help me and hes flumoxed. Im sure in time some will persevere whereas others will give up the ghost. Its such a shame though as any major change encountered by those suffering ms can bring on medical issues as well as technical, some can be addressed however some will lose friends because they cannot get to grips with it at all, I know Ive talked to quite a few. Simple instructions on the old site for us all to print off would have helped, shortcuts etc. bren x

Okapi01 wrote:

Dawney’s recommendation of patience is wise and is almost certainly the best course of action (inaction?) in these frustrating circumstances. However, my own tolerance of the shameful fiasco arising from these unnecessary, cosmetic changes is at an end. Over on the Newly dliagnosed board is a plea for help from a young man trying to come to terms with the shattering news of his mother’s diagnosis. He has,as yet, received no replies and comfort, due to the fact that the new and improved board is locked to users. Still, at least the Donate Now function is still working well.

This is really a great shame cos I know how much difference the info and supports I got from the boards made to me, that was some time ago and the thought of some one being left without this is really making me feel so bad. Hope all the boards are now open and a full apology is made as a global announcement on all the boards. Thats if of course the disillusioned do return. XX S

yawn wrote:

Hi Bren - Anon posting is not working at the moment. We got the system back up as quickly as we could over the weekend but not fully functioning. I thought it best to offer a skeleton service over the weekend rather than no service at all. It will be back very shortly… Thanks Bob