PIP result!

Just thought I’d let people know that I got my PIP decision letter today. I’ve been awarded Enhanced in both areas for an “ongoing period” and won’t be contacted again until after June 2026!

It has taken just under 3 months from getting the initial letter and has been stressful but I’m obviously delighted with the result.

Don’t believe all the horrors that you hear, I was treated with dignity and respect at all stages.

Sarah x

6 Likes

Hi Sarah,

That’s good news. It makes a pleasant change from the litany of nonsense that we usually hear about.

Anthony

3 Likes

Well done Sarah!!! That’s really great news. Relax now until 2026!!!

Pat xx

4 Likes

Wonderful news, I’m pleased for you Sarah!

Nina x

3 Likes

Hi Sarah that is great news, makes a change from the horror stories that I keep reading. Sounds like it is how you are supposed to be treated. None of us are scrounging we just want what we are entitled to and to be treated with respect and honesty. I am pleased that it all went OK or you we have enough stress without having to worry about PIP treating us badly.

XXX Don

2 Likes

Really pleased for you, makes a nice change to hear something positive about the assessment.

Mike.

2 Likes

Happy & relieved for you

Sonia x

2 Likes

I filled in the 40 page tome to the best my ability and where it asks for you to write further explanations I used speech recognition software which I printed out and stapled to the blank page explaining that I could no longer use a pen.

A month or so later I received a reply saying that they were still reviewing my case…

A few weeks after that I received confirmation that I qualified for the highest rate whatever in a letter which seemed to have been written by a sympathetic human being with the proviso that if my circumstances changed I were to let them know immediately.

I then telephoned the number given and thanked them for their courteous reply and yes my circumstances had changed, in fact in the time that it took them to assess me my condition had worsened…

Stephen

3 Likes