Pins and needles

Afternoon all,

I hope you’re all well and set for Christmas which is fast approaching…

I have RRMS and am unforunate enough to have a constant pins and needles sensation in my toes on both feet. I guess I have learnt to live with it now but it would be good to get shot of it (as with many other symptoms we all unfortunately have). My question today was really just to see if anyone else has the same / similar sensation and if you’re doing anything to get rid of it? I currently try acupuncture once a week and that seems to help for a few days and after 3-4 days it’s back to as it was…

If anyone is able to advise or give me their opinions then it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

ks2108

I had bad pins and needles in my hands, plus my right thumb, was numb.

MS Nurse put me on “Amitriptyline”, my pins and needles are no longer a problem, also the feeling returned to my thumb.

“Amitriptyline” is not an instant cure, it takes a few weeks to build up, I think with me it was six to eight weeks approx. That was several years ago, still taking them, still pins and needles free.

I have “PPMS”.

Take care, hope this is of help.

Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).

I know its going to be a bad day when I get out of bed and miss the floor, today is such a day.

I have had this up to my knees since June, so coming on six months now. I think a combination of getting used to it, and amitriptyline has helped. I used to be so aware of every step but its more manageable now. I take 50mg of Amitrtiptyline every evening, and it definitely takes the edge off it, though doesn’t help 100%. Although its annoying, its not actually that painful and I have really got used to it and accepted that it might not go away, its not that bad a symptom IMO.

I am hoping to be able to start hyperbaric oxygen treatment but the induction is fairly intense (15 times over 3 weeks) so not sure I could get a babysitter but have heard good reports. Also acupuncture, but I’ve not tried that, as if it only works for a few days souns like it would be a costly thing to do.

Hi I’ve had pins and needles/reduced sensation in my hands and finger tips for over a year now. My neurologist has said that it’s probably permanent. I have got use to to but it’s the little things that are sometimes impossible to do. Zips and buttons are a nightmare and bits of my fingers have been sliced when chopping vegetables. I did try pregabalin but that didn’t help at all. In a way I’ve got use to it but if there is a possible cure for it then I would certainly give it a go. Thing is no one has given me an alternative! Lesley

I have pins and neeldles in my lower limbs and this was the first sign that something wasn’t quite right with me. I take a DMD as well as Lamictal (which to be honest, I’m not too sure what for… as I type!). I feel the most difficult part is loosing my dexterity (sensitivity) in my hands. I am aware that there are some finger exercises that can be done to help things. I guess that, having MS,its a case of finding different ways to do things that you enjoy. I am interested in anything that would rid me of MS. I know/feel that if I don’t take my meds. or overdo things my body lets me know! On that note…

Take care

Jonny