Pins and needles/ tingles ??

Hi all I’ll try keep this as simple as possible haha. 11th of may - I noticed I had pins and needles in my hands and fingers it felt like it was in random parts of my body to changing areas but always noticeable in my hands. 15th of may- I went to see the local GP and was prescribed 10mg of amytriplyne a day. And for bloods to be taken the same day. My pins and needles eased over time from my body but stayed in my hands for exactly 11 days . When I started taking the tablets it was 7 days from that point. It stopped. My bloods only came back that week and I was vitamin D deficient at 29 . And also prescribed 50000 Vit D3 units once a week. Nothing else and assuming diabetes ruled out but we didn’t have that discussion. They took alot of blood so I assume they tested for lots of things. I was 9 days clear of the pins and needles when I saw the doctor next. And he suggested I stop taking the amitriptyline. 4 days on from stopping the medication my pins and needles / tingles has come back to my hands. And again spread throughout my body. I am booked to see my GP again tomorrow. If anyone has any experience about this it would be highly appreciated I just don’t see this a normal thing and it’s very irritating. Just to note other things I feel so tired sometimes even when I have a good night’s sleep. The other day I had to pull over driving as I felt like I was going to fall asleep I feel like I have no energy alot. I’ve always been a sufferer from headaches and migraines. I’m sorry if this is irrelevant to post here just googling my symptoms (I no that’s a bad idea haha) always leads back to MS so just curious if anyone has expeiranced something like me. Thank you.

Hi ken I am currently awaiting results of 2nd MRI (first one showed lesions in brain stem area)… I had vertigo back in Nov/Dec hence I was investigated. The reason I answered you was 3 years ago I had approx 6 weeks of tingly hand… doc did bloods and I was low in iron and slightly raised cholestorol (was ‘run down’ also at the time). Lost weight and had iron tablets and the symptoms went… most prob it was the iron (was your iron ok?) but neuro wondered if they might find a lesion on my spine from this ‘episode’. There are so many things that could cause it but I think you should share your concerns with your doctor. My friend does get this when she has low iron… good luck let us know what doctor says.

Hi ken I am currently awaiting results of 2nd MRI (first one showed lesions in brain stem area)… I had vertigo back in Nov/Dec hence I was investigated. The reason I answered you was 3 years ago I had approx 6 weeks of tingly hand… doc did bloods and I was low in iron and slightly raised cholestorol (was ‘run down’ also at the time). Lost weight and had iron tablets and the symptoms went… most prob it was the iron (was your iron ok?) but neuro wondered if they might find a lesion on my spine from this ‘episode’. There are so many things that could cause it but I think you should share your concerns with your doctor. My friend does get this when she has low iron… good luck let us know what doctor says.

Hi and thank you for replying! I hope your test come back okay. Everything in my bloods was fine I doubled checked today with the doctor. Only thing was the vitamin D. She didn’t really tell me much why this could be happening as yeah there could be loads of reason but she has referred me to get a nerve conduction study and future talks on a MRI. She told me to start taking the amitriptyline again and see how that goes. So I guess it’s a waiting game now when I get my appointment.