Forum

Pain relief YES PLEASE

I was laying in bed last night waiting for my pain killers to kick in and I got to thinking, I know its starange but someone as daft as me is still capable of thought. I wrote the toughts down http://disableddon.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/pain-treatments.html

I am a grumpy old man I know but I am too long in the tooth to change now. The NHS has done me proud but nothing is perfect.

Don

ps I still hurt today maybe its the rain

Hi Don

Great blog as usual. No idea why it’s a post code lottery for these things.

I must admit it does leave a bad taste in your mouth but on the whole the nhs has treated me well enough.

sorry to hear you are having a bad day.

Not having a great one myself. Have spent the whole day dragging around my left leg feeling like it weighs a ton, can’t even lift it off the floor.

i think I am turning into a grumpy old lady. My daughter came in with the little one and I had to make the effort for her as she just worries.

Then there is the thought of having to pack up the house. Ugh!!

Hope you feel better soon.

Keep blogging.

Mags xx

1 Like

Mags your confusing me with ROBIN how did you come up with the name ?

Today’s been OK daughter came in for breakfast then I was home alone watched stupid film and did some surfing now in bed on Kindle .

Have you started packing yet? It’s surprising how much stuff we accumulate. Don

1 Like

Hi Don,

great blog as always! So unfair when there’s something out there that could help us and yet it’s just out of our reach!

Hi Mags,

I get confused when I see ROBIN too! Sure our poor muddled/shredded brains will soon catch on tho!

Nina x

1 Like

Nina what this about us soon catching on sometimes I even forget the names of my own kids so MAGS has no chance

Don

2 Likes

Hi Don

Sory your stil in pain today must be the weather my pain relief isn that goodto ay either

Take it easy

Mac

1 Like

Excellent blog Don!!! And all very true.

My son works for the NHS as a surgical theatre scheduler. He was going to apply for another job at a higher grade but then he found out that job would include making some people redundant… so he wouldn’t apply for it. Good for him!

I loved the fact that you gave that moaning woman a mouthful.

I love our NHS but I HATE what this government is doing to it.

Pat xx ps SO glad you can post link to blog again!!!

2 Likes

Loved your blog Don!

enjoyed reading them all the last few days, got a migraine today so I’m staying off this as much as poss. The screen makes me a grump hehehehe

Polly xxx

1 Like

Polly everything makes me grumpy

I am the original grumpy old man

1 Like

Hi Don/Nina,

i confuse myself with my new user name but I couldn’t get back on the forum so had to start again. I couldn’t think of a name then I remembered the day before I saw a robin sitting on the fence plus they are my favourite birds. So that’s my new user name.

Mags xx

1 Like

I am always confused!! Can never remember names or passwords havn’t been on here forever cos lost memory of password but now I’ve found it (for now !!) good to be back x

1 Like

Mags

I love robins we usualy get one nest in the hedge at the bottom of ours or next doors garden they are very territorial and see off lots of the little birds and even bomb the blackbirds which is amusing. I love my garden birds.

Don

1 Like

Hi don,

well done for putting that woman in her place. The way some people treat nurses is disgusting. I know the Nhs is not perfect but compared to the Irish system it is gold star. Unless you are unemployed we pay €60 euro for every doc vist and my prescription costs €150 a month.

hope your doing well,

ann

1 Like

Hi Ann

Wow, that’s awful what you pay, how on earth does anyone manage? I hope people who mooan about the NHS reads your post, as this would be the other option.

Take care

Pam x

1 Like

Goodness me Ann, I had no idea the costs were so high in Ireland, must be a nightmare for you. I had a similar thing when we lived in Spain, but there was no prescription cost…you paid the price of each individual medication …that would be impossible here in the UK but in Spain the actual medication costs were much cheaper.

Nina x

Wow Ann that’s expensive. I am truly grateful for the NHS over the years I have had more than my share of treatments. It really hacks me off when you see abuse of the system and health tourism costs fortunes.

Don

1 Like

wishful thinking or positive thinking Don…can’t remember which !

Nina x

1 Like

The Irish system really sucks, and because we are such a small country we have very few neurologists and rhuematologists which means huge waiting lists. I go and seemy nuero privately for no other reason than it would have taken at least a year on the public list and no guarantee of seeing the man himself probably one of his team. This costs me €150 a go, but after being misdiagnosed with fibro for over 10 years I could not afford any more delays as I was declining rapidly.

i have friends who work and put off going to the doctor if they are ill as they cannot afford gp charges and the most expensive prescription charges in Europe. However, if they had never worked the would receive a medical card which gives them totally free medical care. So really the message is if your fit and healthy, sit at home on you backside, collect one of the highest rates of social welfare payments in Europe and have no worries if I’ll health strikes. It beggars belief.

right rant over, this is better than therapy( that costs a fortune as well lol )

ann

2 Likes

Ann this Board is our therapy I am pleased I found it.

Don

1 Like

Don I loved your blog. Hope you’re feeling better now. I’m also flabbergasted that they won’t give us Sativex. As I understand it is a therapeutic form of cannabis which should surely be less harmful to the likes of myself who needs to live on morphine which is a form of heroin. I know which one I’d prefer but I’m not given a choice and I can’t manage without it. Oh well, at least I’m comfortable most of the time and can top up my analgesia as needed.

Ann I really feel for you with those high costs for medical care. I lived in South Africa for many years where we had to pay for all medical care and even working as a nursing sister I couldn’t afford medicines and often went to the vets for them as they were the same drugs but much cheaper. It was really sad but it worked. I’m so grateful I live in the UK now and get nhs treatment.

Cath xx

2 Likes