Pain in my back and around near lungs is it a relapse

Hi everyone, I have had pain since this morning in my back and near my lungs.Sometimes it is a stabbing pain and aching.I don’t know if this sort of pain is a relapse,does anyone know.As the pain is quite bad and luckily I haven’t really had pain since being diagnosed it is mostly numbness.Can pain mean a relapse or is it just muscle pain. Any suggestions Please

It could be the MS ‘hug’, although it could be muscular. Give your nurse a call x

I agree that it sounds like a MS hug. I find it hard to breathe and have a ‘squeeze’ sensataion that doesn’t go away, your nurse will be able to advise you.

Hello I have gone through 2 phases of symptoms like this that seem to be caused by minimal exhertion - ie. 15 mins of walking! I’ve not been diagnosed but have a whole list of neuro symptoms…no answers. Shrink is trying to fob me off with anxiety - no way.

Hello I have gone through 2 phases of symptoms like this that seem to be caused by minimal exhertion - ie. 15 mins of walking! I’ve not been diagnosed but have a whole list of neuro symptoms…no answers. Shrink is trying to fob me off with anxiety - no way.

I’ve had the “hug” so bad once,I went in because I thought it was a heart attack. All test normal though. I agree call your nurse to be sure.

Hi,

I agree, sounds like ms hug. It feels like a vice around ones middle tightening and holding its grasp, very painful and hurts like h.ll.

I used to prop myself up whilst watching tv and in bed it got so bad. No amount of painkillers took it away however amytryptiline did seem to ease it a little.

Id ring your ms nurse and ask what she thinks. Also dont discount what gp says, I was sent for heart testing which came back clear but it put my mind at rest because I thought it was heart related, now I know its another facinating symptom of ms which comes and goes. Wonderful eh.

Hope yours soon goes as fast as it came.

bren

x