oral.dose steroids

Hi, I’m on a five day course of oral steroids… Ive had them before but really cannot remember how long they took to take effect? Please can people advise how long in general? Also can I take herbal sleeping tablets with them? Can I take them all before 3pm if I start first dose at 7? And lastly I got a lil down when I stopped last te, are there any herbal remedies for this that I could take such as st John’s wart? Thanks in advance x

Just bumping my post as really need the advice. Thanks

Hi there, I am confused as to what you mean by first dose do you mean the initial first dose or are you taking them twice a day? Normally people would be advised if its two doses a day to take second before 5pm. In the hope that you would sleep better.Sorry but I dont really know about any interaction with herbal sleeping tablets but you could ring your local pharmacist or else GP for advice. Sometimes people need a reducing dose in order to combat the low mood.

Sorry no-one more knowlegable thamn me replied but I hope this helps someway.

Take care

Missy

Hi there, I am confused as to what you mean by first dose do you mean the initial first dose or are you taking them twice a day? Normally people would be advised if its two doses a day to take second before 5pm. In the hope that you would sleep better.Sorry but I dont really know about any interaction with herbal sleeping tablets but you could ring your local pharmacist or else GP for advice. Sometimes people need a reducing dose in order to combat the low mood.

Sorry no-one more knowlegable than me replied but I hope this helps someway.

Take care

Missy

When I have had oral steroids I had to take 5 tablets each day and was told to take them all at the same time, so I took all 5 with my breakfast. Sorry don’t know about interaction with herbal sleeping tablets. Hope this helps.

Hi There

When i was taking them i was also told to take all 5 at same time unfortunatley they didnt help me and didnt stop me sleeping

Hope you manage to get answer you are looking for

Mandy x

Thanks guys. I am on five a day and I didn’t know you could take them all in the morning…Do these increase the side effects though if taken this way? I took my last one at 3pm today. So far there has not been much improvement…still feel sensations down the left side, and like someone is sat rather heavily on my chest …oh and intermittant achy legs. My symptoms are sensations but it was the fact they were spreading, becoming worse in feeling and my legs were aching so that suggests a relapse. Steroids worked last time but I cannot remember how quick they took affect. I really hope they work though :frowning: Thanks for your advice xxx

Ooh and rang the pharmicist who said herbals can be taken however she does not think they will make much difference.