optic nuritis

i hope i have spelt that right,anyway i am going to the optician next month and have pain above my right eye i dont suffer with this all the time but it gets on your nerves.Can anyone help please xx

Hiya, I’ve had optic neuritis a few times - I do get a dull pain kind of behind my eye, as if the eyeball is too big for the socket. My sight has been affected with it though, from being completely blind in the eye, to being colourblind (that was weird!), and having vision that looked like I was looking through glass with water being poured down it (one thing MS does is make you quite imaginative when describing symptoms, haha). Can you get an earlier appt with your optician? If it is ON, it’ll need looked at sooner rather than later. Luisa

denisekang wrote:

i hope i have spelt that right,anyway i am going to the optician next month and have pain above my right eye i dont suffer with this all the time but it gets on your nerves.Can anyone help please xx

If you think you have optic neuritis you should be seen sooner than a month. Can you ring back and ask for an urgent appointment? When I have had ON my eye doctor has seen me the same day. Belinda

Hi Often large hospitals have eye ‘A+E’ departments, it may be worth invesitgating to find out where your nearest one is and then popping along to have this looked at. Good Luck!

Let the reception in the opticion know your symptoms and my guess is they will fit you in a.s.a.p. If your optiocion

Sorry re: above post not being finished… If your opticion finds anything that needs further investigation he will refere you to opthomologist…however at this point your GP may be able to get you an emergency appointment. Fingers crossed for you xx Maria.

It could be ‘swelling if the optic disc’ which you take ‘steroids’ which you get from your doctor - advice from my wife who is an optician. Marcus.

thanks everyone for your help xxx :smiley: