AGAIN, their damned site, AGAIN!!! GAAAAAAAAAARRGGGHHHH!
i typed out the description of my monday and a bit of today below. if you decide to read it: sorry for all the exclamation marks and shouty capitals. i’ve never needed to vent as much as i do right now.
- problems logging in to site,on several occasions
- ordered tramadol, 18th feb,
- my daughter went for the prescription,
- she was told it hadn’t been ordered
- checked online, it WAS ordered,
- photo taken of DATED (18.02.15) order on surgery’s site,
- asked for confirmation that i would get my meds the next day.
- told i can’t order tramadol over the phone and SHE can’t confirm it, it’s now up to gary the practise manager,
- i said that i would have e-mailed the order had i known that an order showing up as ordered might in fact have not been ordered (whah…?!)
- told repeat presc. requests. can’t be e-mailed (it’s a closed system?!) APPARENTLY,
- checked my sent e-mails: i have repeat presc. requests sent via e-mail on: 15.10.14, 27.11.14 and 6.1.15
- two worked, but one of them failed, their computers were ‘down’ at the same time as their online site?! SERIOUSLY?!
- told i can ‘just pop a request in at the surgery’,
- i have mobility problems due to MS i haven’t ‘popped’ anywhere for more than a decade…
- told i can order via boots pharmacy(?!) which is next door inside the same building. boots(?!), who have so far: forgotten to pick up a couple of prescrip; mislayed another presc. (i had to wait for them to find it), although they suggested that i’d already picked up the order, then they found it, no apology mind you! on 2 separate occasions they mislaid the meds. in the pharmacy and told me, flat out that it had been picked up, THEN they found them, eventually. the final straw was that one of their flat out accusations was at their ‘out of hours’ window and when they FINALLY found it, ended in them loudly telling me what was in the bag, at the window, with people behind me! i was freezing, i’d been standing there about half an hour, my legs were in partial spasm (the cold tends to do that)… and then i felt like i was going to be mugged for my meds.
- back to yesterday’s phone call…‘you’ll have to order the tramadol online then, she said…?!’, ‘i DID, on the 18th!’… I… SAID…
- ‘well it’s showing up on my system as an order in january’, she said, ‘NO, that was an actual presc. i ordered IN JANUARY!’ i said. ‘i got that…’
- ‘well. you’ll have to order it online…’!!! she said, AGAIN, ‘i DID blah, blah, blah…!’
- then she ACTUALLY said: ‘well it’s showing up on my system as an order in january’, OMG, OMG, OMG! I BLOODY DID…AAAARGH! i didn’t say that last bit, i was a bit preoccupied by trying not to let out a blood curdling scream.
- groundhog day
- grounghog day
- groundhog bloody day
- either that or deja vu all over again…
- she said, ‘i don’t know what to tell you, you’ll have to speak to gary, the practise manager tomorrow.’
- ‘can you confirm that i’ll get my prescription tomorrow???’ i said… she seriously said ‘i don’t know what to tell you, you’ll have to speak to gary, the practise manager tomorrow.’,
- ‘… you can’t order tramadol over the phone… you haven’t been able to for 2 years, you have to order online’ she said, sob.
- ‘i know’, i said, 'i’ve been doing it ever since, but it keeps failing, i can’t order by phone, i don’t dare let boots anywhere near the prescriptions until they’re handed over for filling and i can’t sure as hell can’t ‘pop’ in.
- and, no kidding, she said…‘i don’t know what to tell you, you’ll have to speak to gary, the practise manager tomorrow.’
- i forgot, she also said that she would TRY and remember to tell him about it all. i could barely grunt down the phone after THAT one, jay-sus.
- i’m typing this out so i don’t forget to tell gary anything. AND with the intention of pasteing it onto the MSS everyday living forum, because i know that it will calm me down when i share it.
i’m stopping typing to phone gary… what’s the betting he’s not available… ok, i’m going in.
he’s in a meeting, natch! she, the woman i spoke to, told me that if i wanted to make a complaint, that i had to put it in writing… i just want it sorting out! she said she’ll get him to ‘look into it’ and ‘have him phone me back…’, riiiiiiight. she told me that ‘tramadol was last ordered in…’, ‘january…!’ i said ’ i know…’
i have MS. i have high blood pressure, i’m wrangling both muscular and neuro pain on a daily basis, in 2012 i had a fairly nasty subarachnoid haemorrhage from an aneurism i had previously been unaware of and, not forgetting, i’m menopausal. but if i drop down dead, they’ll have to put cause of death as: ‘gp surgery’s boundless ineptitude’.
i was right, i do feel a bit better for sharing this ongoing cock-up of a medical practise’s prescription ordering system on here… and boots, the bloody, crappy boots next door to the doctors…
ok, posting now, hoping to release some of the bloody tension. if you got through it all, thank-you!