Forum

ok, who done it ?

:wink:

The sad thing is it almost certainly is another disabled person thinking they are justly ticking-off a cheat - albeit probably not an MSer, as we all know it can be invisible.

It amazes me how other disabled people are often the quickest to label people “cheats”, just because their disability isn’t obvious.

For several weeks AFTER he’d been diagnosed as terminally ill, my dad was still swimming 40 lengths and walking three miles. So you cannot be out and about looking normal, AND seriously ill at the same time? Nonsense! Thankfully, he was retired, so past the age where he needed to claim benefits, but if he had, no doubt some would have considered him a cheat, because he had the audacity still to walk and swim, even though he was dying.

Tina

x

It is easy to “leap?” to ill informed judgements. I caught myself muttering when I saw a very flash bright red Audi TT parked in a blue badge spot. My wittering was stopped when I saw the driver getting a wheelchair out. Cue internalised red face, and log the lesson learned.

I am a bit better at not judging by appearences now.

Mick

That’s another very good point - disability does not discriminate. So just because somebody has a nice car or smart clothes doesn’t mean they’re fit and well (or a nasty person).

Tina

I’ve got a nice car but very scruffy clothes and a wheelchair.

When I used to walk sometimes a short distance unaided but then with the aid of a shopping trolley, I’d park in a disabled bay and was sooooo disappointed that no one ever reprimanded me for parking in a disabled bay. I thought I walked perfectly OK and would be bound to at least once be challenged.

Now my opportunity has gone forever. Damn it!

Sue

2 Likes

I like your style

I just do the scruffy clothes. … Have to look smart for work, so free time = tramp.

Even when I tried to look smart for work I failed, and now continue to be scruffy in my retirement

1 Like