OK so really odd question & ouch sunburn

OK as the title suggest this is a bit of an odd question…I have really bad burning and stabbing pains in my legs at the moment. Feels like sunburn and boiling water, they are not hot to touch. Now for the really odd bit…I have a cat who don’t like me much and will never sit on me, however when I have these pains she makes a beeline straight for me and sit right next to me, or even tries to walk on my legs. The pain is the intensified as even light touch hurts. (even pulling down jeans) anyone else have a pet that reacts to their pain? Another odd question is; my hearing is soooooo sensitive! T.V really hurts, makes my face hurt, and ears ring sort of like after a disco type ring/ fuzz noise. Am I wired? Do I have a strange cat? Many thanks Ppx

Hi Pp, One of my early symptoms was sunburn-like pain: in Britain, in February! So I could be pretty confident it wasn’t the real thing. MS didn’t even cross my mind. Instead, I feared I was developing a thrombosis in my leg, as father and grandfather both had one. GP rolled her eyes! We now both know it was MS. So no, you’re not wired - or weird. :wink: The cat? Dunno. I used to have cats, and always used to think they were sensitive, and could tell if I wasn’t well. They seemed concerned, in some mysterious cat way. But I dunno if it has some more straightforward explanation, such as if you are a bit off-colour and withdrawn, the cat actually feels more at ease with you, since they perceive direct eye-contact as threatening. The same way they always seem to single out the one person in the room who is indifferent to them, since that person is NOT staring at them, and making a big fuss, so the cat finds it less confrontational. Tina x

I have the sunburn feeling as well . Normally on my back , but more recently all over ,and it’s always like it in the evening . It is so sensitive to touch but like you said not hot to touch . It’s such a strange horrible feeling , I hate it :frowning: My dogs don’t seem to want to sit on my lap ,when I feel like it ( good job really as they are bulldogs lol) Sam x

[quote=“samj”] I have the sunburn feeling as well . Normally on my back , but more recently all over ,and it’s always like it in the evening . It is so sensitive to touch but like you said not hot to touch . It’s such a strange horrible feeling , I hate it :frowning: My dogs don’t seem to want to sit on my lap ,when I feel like it ( good job really as they are bulldogs lol) Sam x [/quote] Thanks Sam Really not nice feeling is it? Glad your dogs don’t sit on you though. Increases the pain a lot I tell the cat to go away, not that she takes any notice. Ppx

Sorry not sure what happened when I replied to Tina’s post. Getting in a mucking fuddle today. Must be the cooking fat on my lap that done it! Ppx

About 5 years ago I had such bad sunburn pain all over my thighs right across my lap area and I was positive that it was because I used to use my laptop by resting it on my lap. But when it happened to my shoulder to the extent that I had to walk around baring it because anything touching it was unbearable, I figured it was probably something more. Now I know it was MS, but I haven’t had any burning sensations as bad as they were since. X

One of my most common symptoms during a relapse. Started as a patch from my hip to my armpit, not too aware of it until clothes touch or I leaned back in a chair, then agony. During my most recent relapse the bottom half of my left leg was ‘sunburnt’ for 2 weeks. I feel for you because it really is horrible. Does anyone have anything that offers any relief as I’m new to all this? Thanks.

We can still be pretty sure in July!!

I have this too. Started as a small patch on top of my right foot back in March I think and spread around the foot and up the shin then into the other foot too. It feels like when the sun shines on you from behind glass like in the car. Very unpleasant indeed. My cat doesn’t care though!

No known remedy although if I could reach the troublesome patch I’d blow on it, lol, which seemed to help. TRUE STORY. I was blowing on my shoulder for weeks! X

[quote=“Pollyp”] Sorry not sure what happened when I replied to Tina’s post. Getting in a mucking fuddle today. Must be the cooking fat on my lap that done it! Ppx [/quote] It may have been the duck in fog ? Mornin polly F.xx

[quote=“Pollyp”] Sorry not sure what happened when I replied to Tina’s post. Getting in a mucking fuddle today. Must be the cooking fat on my lap that done it! Ppx [/quote] It may have been the duck in fog ? Mornin polly F.xx

[quote=“Pollyp”] Sorry not sure what happened when I replied to Tina’s post. Getting in a mucking fuddle today. Must be the cooking fat on my lap that done it! Ppx [/quote] It could have been the duck in fog :slight_smile: F.xx

[quote=“Pollyp”] Sorry not sure what happened when I replied to Tina’s post. Getting in a mucking fuddle today. Must be the cooking fat on my lap that done it! Ppx [/quote] It could have been the duck in fog :slight_smile: F.xx

Years ago I use to have episodes of being poorly and being stuck in bed. Severe spasms were part of this. Our cat would jump on the bed and lay across the bottoms of my legs and stop the spasms. She’d never done this before. I think animals have a lot more empathy than we realise.

Jacqui x

[quote=“Elle2585”] About 5 years ago I had such bad sunburn pain all over my thighs right across my lap area and I was positive that it was because I used to use my laptop by resting it on my lap. But when it happened to my shoulder to the extent that I had to walk around baring it because anything touching it was unbearable, I figured it was probably something more. Now I know it was MS, but I haven’t had any burning sensations as bad as they were since. X [/quote] Thanks for your reply E At first I had to feel my legs just to make sure they weren’t hot, even though I knew they weren’t if you see what I mean. I also get a burning on right shoulder blade. Just wish I had a nice healthy looking tan to go with the sensations. Ppx

[quote=“Cazhoz”] One of my most common symptoms during a relapse. Started as a patch from my hip to my armpit, not too aware of it until clothes touch or I leaned back in a chair, then agony. During my most recent relapse the bottom half of my left leg was ‘sunburnt’ for 2 weeks. I feel for you because it really is horrible. Does anyone have anything that offers any relief as I’m new to all this? Thanks. [/quote] Thank you cazhoz I am not to sure what might help us, maybe cold packs to trick the brain into thinking we are treating sunburn? It is not a pleasant feeling at all. Funny enough the bottom of my legs feel cold and wet. My body has the four seasons going on I think! Ppx

[quote=“debc”]

We can still be pretty sure in July!!

I have this too. Started as a small patch on top of my right foot back in March I think and spread around the foot and up the shin then into the other foot too. It feels like when the sun shines on you from behind glass like in the car. Very unpleasant indeed. My cat doesn’t care though!

[/quote] Hi Deb Thanks for reply. Glad your cat don’t care, I wish mine wouldn’t sit on me, no matter how often I get her off she just gets back on! My feet aren’t burning, infact they feel wet! Ppx

[quote=“fluffy54”] [quote=Pollyp]Sorry not sure what happened when I replied to Tina’s post. Getting in a mucking fuddle today. Must be the cooking fat on my lap that done it! Ppx [/quote] It may have been the duck in fog ? Mornin polly F.xx[/quote] Ha ha Fluffy You always manage to make me smile! AND give me visions! Now a duck in a frog that’s a new one! All I can say is your quackers xxx Ppx