Forum

Ocrelizumab / Infusion fatique

Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody could share their experiences following their first infusion, especially if Ocrelizumab/Ocrevus.

I had my first on Monday and had a mild reaction which dissipated with more antihistamine and a slower infusion speed. However, it’s now three days later and I still feel super lethargic and a bit shaky and heavy heartbeats that come and go in bursts. It feels like anxiety and is thoroughly unpleasant, plus there seems to be an element of depression there too - my MS nurse said this could all last for two weeks, at which point I then have Part 2 of the first infusion (they split it 5050 the first time around), so could mean a further two weeks feeling pretty wiped out, a month in total.

Keen to hear other people’s experiences and side effects - and duration!

Thanks,

Natasha

Sorry forgot to say, I know exactly what you mean about the heart beats. I felt like mine was thudding away, it felt like it was going to burst out of my chest, was a bit disconcerting, it really did feel like panic…which then made me panic :confused:. I did wonder whether it was the Ocrevus or the steroids that you get before? All symptoms and the fatigue went so day 8 I felt fine.

:wave:I found I felt not quite right for exactly 7 days after both 1/2 doses. On day 8 I suddenly had energy and felt back to normal which was great. When it comes to the full dose, I’m preparing myself to feel v low on energy for at least 7 days afterwards but I’m guessing double the dose means 14 days of sofa and t.v.