Forum

OBEs

Morning gang!

So, we see people being awarded OBE etc.

Who would you give these awards to?

pollx

Hi Poll

Happy New Year to you.

David Beckham??? Sorry if I have got it wrong and he has been awarded something. If he hasn’t then I think he should.

Shazzie xx

David Beckham got an OBE in 2013.

1 Like

Thanks Boblatina. I’ll have to think again then.

xx

OBE ---------- Other Buggers Efforts. Only joking - most of the people who get these awards have done ‘good’ things - help raise money for charity etc - without us knowing about it.

lts the Jimmy Saville types who make a mockery of the ‘honours list’

Andy Scott, sculptor of the magnificent Kelpies and the centaur and bull in Uttoxeter amongst many others, it’s about time, I find Gormley’ stuff impressive but ugly and he has one, the Kelpies are impressive structures and beautiful!

1 Like

Well, I’m delighted that A.P McCoy has got a knighthood. Now there’s a good example of just getting on with it despite injuries that would stop a normal person is his or her tracks. Not that I want to have that sort of relentless focus, but I do admire it when I see it!

Alison

delighted to see Sian Philips has been made a Dame.

This is on the Barts MS blog today

“Congratulations to Professor David Alastair Standish Compston, Professor of Neurology, University of Cambridge, for receiving the Commanders of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) for services to multiple sclerosis treatment.”

http://multiple-sclerosis-research.blogspot.com/2016/01/newsspeak-alastair-compston-recognised.html

2 Likes