Proud Moment...

Well done to our MS Society ambassador, Kadeena Cox, who’s been nominated for the 2016 BBC Sports Personality of the Year award.

Looking back at 2016, what would be one of your proudest achievement this year?

3 Likes

My greatest achievement of this year?

Mmmm, takes a bit of thinking about…

curing my sister of sea sickness by taking her on a mini cruise!

Other than that?

Managing to keep cheerful I think!

pollx

3 Likes

I am with Poll and agree that she always keeps cheerful and is always there whenever we need a bit of her wackiness!! That’s a compliment mind Poll.

I too am proud of managing to keep a smile on my face no matter what. Laughing my way through the pain that MS brings and being thankful for living in a home full of love and happiness, no matter what.

Shazzie xx

3 Likes

Poll & Shazzie, lovely comments, thank you. Staying cheerful and to keep smiling is definitely something worth being proud of.

Well done to Kadeena…

BUT what about the hundreds of MSers who with tremendous fortitude, determination and sacrifice strive to live a ‘normal’ life.

What about an award for my neighbour - she has m.s. 3 children no partner and is making good job of raising her children.

The MSS should be focusing on these people as well.

2 Likes

No, what I am proud of is the fact that I haven’t chucked in the towel because of the vagaries of this vile disease.

Please don’t imply that staying cheerful and smiling is a pre-requisite to any feeling of self-worth or pride.

2 Likes

Millions of people would be worthy of recognition for whatever battles they have worldwide.

Given however that this a high profile, sporting event…I think the girl done good! X

3 Likes

I agree Star.

Everyone has their own way of coping Krakowian. Mine is to stay cheerful. I know that this helps those around me which helps me cope but I also appreciate that this way of coping is not everyones.

I’ve been living with this disease since 2005 and have gotten much worse over the past few years. I hope I don’t come across as weird but I see MS as my friend now which is something else I am proud of. I realise that not all feel this way and I have respect for them.

Shazzie xx

3 Likes

thanks Shazzie – not sure abut this notion of seeing m.s. as a friend!

1 Like

I know it does sound weird. Perhaps if I think of it as a friend it will be nice to me.

Shazzie xx

Hi again, I’ve had my condition…which is , as yet, still unproven…nearly 20 years!

I’ve not thought of it as a friend like Shazzie has, but that’s her way of handling her MS. Maybe that’s the secret…it’s HER MS, not mine, not your’s Krak.

The natural me is cheerful, positive and maybe naive, but although some days after hours of sitting with a painful lower back/bum, a leaking bladder, bunged up bowels (tell it like it is), and endless fatigue, make me just wanna pull the duvet over my head, my inner zest for life keeps me going.

I dont want a medal for this…but I do try to shed a bit of light on the lives of those who are seeking help and support.

Luv Polly x

2 Likes

My biggest achievement this year was to sing Verdi’s Requiem twice on 2 nights. I was so happy afterwards that it took a month to stop feeling as high as a kite! I’ve just got out of hospital with a new left knee or I’d be bathing in heavenly Handel this week. I also think that people who can live ordinary lives, driving, childcare, shopping etc. deserve medals for bravery and keeping going. My life is jammy compared with that. I remember well the exhaustion. Big hugs to all those who keep going.

3 Likes

Hi.

My achievement this year is the Power Point show about my MS that I designed. A local Rotary Club asked me to give the presentation at the beginning of this month and they gave me a cheque for £75 for the MS Soc.

John

4 Likes

Hope the new knee settles in and you are back singing asap!

Pollx

1 Like

Hi,

My achievement this year was to design a Power Point presentation about my MS. After touting it about I was asked to give a talk to a local Rotary Club. Afterwards I was given a cheque for £75 for the MS Soc. I’m hoping to get a few more invitations.

John

1 Like

Sobs*no, I was still in hospital when ‘our’ Messiah was performed. The Messiah was performed all over Spain with local scratch choirs singing from the audience . There was a performance last night from Madrid that was breathtaking. I’m just about over the disappointment now. My knee is very swollen and I think there may be a problem. I can walk okay and without sticks.the poor joint was acutely painful for 17 years and was in a very bad state…p I do get my legs a bit confused at times and risk falling. So far so good. Ice packs are my best friends. Nordic poles help too.