nurse`s visit

Afternoon gang! I`m sat here, fleece aroubd me, sneezing and coughing for England.

Well, the district nurses have been re my pressure pains. She took a history…how many times do we have to tell the same story, eh?

Its fun when they ask what I have been diagnosed with.......now theres 3 possiblilites to relate. They look quite stunned when i reel `em off.

Then they looked at my sore heels…red, but no sign of breaking down to pressure sores. But they do cause me pain in bed.

I answered questions to do a risk score. 20…very high risk it indicated.

So she looked at my bed and all it`s layers;

regular matress, plastic cover, terry towelling sheet, small inco pad…then there`s me…talk about the Princess and the Pea. But in my case it would spell pee! LOL!

She recommended an air mattress. Hubby shook his head and said no! The noise from it would stop him sleeping. So we opted for the next best thing…a pressure relief mattress…waterproof, so I won`t need all the extras. She also said some gel heel protectors would help, as my lambswool ones annoy me in bed.

Dya know, all this stuff makes me feel and look so alluring...................not working to attract hubby tho…nah, that ship has long sailed.

luv Pollx

The world of the disabled eh Poll? So much more complicated than any ‘outsider’ could ever imagine.

Really hope the pressure relief mattress does the trick.

I like that image of the ship that has long sailed. Lol. Well there’s much more to love than what happens (or doesn’t) between the sheets.

Pat x

Hi Poll

Well I hope the mattress helps with your pain, it ain’t no fun eh? You would

think that the nurses had your notes before they visited, perhaps not, that sounds

like too much common sense!

Sat here looking out the window watching the rain (again) I should

think by now we will have had enough to launch a ship! And it’s cold

as well, hot water bottle hasn’t been put away at all this year.

Take care, keep smiling Poll.

Pam

[quote=skippysprite]

Hi Poll

Well I hope the mattress helps with your pain, it ain’t no fun eh? You would

think that the nurses had your notes before they visited, perhaps not, that sounds

like too much common sense!

Sat here looking out the window watching the rain (again) I should

think by now we will have had enough to launch a ship! And it’s cold

as well, hot water bottle hasn’t been put away at all this year.

Take care, keep smiling Poll.

Pam

[/quote

Hi Pam, weather`s no better up north!

luv Pollx]

Ever heard the saying nowt to come back for?

luv POllx

Hiya Poll.

Many of my people at work, who are unable to move at all and have to lie flat on their backs without changing position at all, are on high rated pressure mattresses and have had no skin breakdown in 20yrs.

Like you say you dont have the noise disruption and just need the sheet and kylie.

Do have to say cavilon is the best cream invented for sore or red areas.

Look forward to a comfy night and keep well

Pip

Sorry my reply got lost along the way. Thanks for the very useful info. My carer puts sudocream on my bum cheeks, vaseline on my heels and germolene if I get sore crease areas. Wonder I don`t slide out of bed, eh?

luv Pollx

Cavilon is way better and sorri if tmi but if you use inco products the sudo prevents them from working properly.

DN or gp will happily prescribe so it wont cost anything either.

Pip

Does that include inco bed pads?

luv Pollx

No I wouldn’t think so its more the full pads, and slips as the sudo transfers onto them and then acts as a barrier so the urine cant go into the pad so you get leaks.

Pip

Ah, well when my carer puts the sudocream on, she then dresses me, so I wouldnt be lying on the inco anyway. Thanks. its all good info, innit?

luv Pollx