numbness

hello to everyone, just sending a note through, i am experiencing alot of numbness in the arms particularly and legs, that seems to have come on quite suddenly for no apparent reason, abit worrying, just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and if there is anything that can be done to ease it. Thanks from an ms friend. `

Hi Anon.

I hope you’re feeling better today?

Have you contacted your MS nurse? It could be that you are starting with an infection or relapse, or maybe just overheated if it’s gone now.

Mags

I’ve found my limbs go numb very quickly now if they have pressure on them like sitting on the floor makes my legs feel dead, it takes longer to recover too, but I’m not sure if that’s caused by ms or my spinal cord injury. I’d speak to your nurse as Mags suggested.

Hi,

Good advice to have a word with your ms nurse or gp, as a neuropathic medication may help. I take amitriptyline, but there are others as well.

Hope today is better for you.

Pam x

Agree with others… speak to MS nurse or GP. There are med’s that can help. Also remember that even with PPMS symptoms can come and go again… so fingers crossed it’s only a temporary glitch.

Pat x

Hi

This happened to me a few years back now and I could not work out what was causing it, so every time I tried a new sitting position I wrote down how I was sitting and it turned out that I was putting a lot of pressure on the bottom of my spine, hope this may help in some way but see your MS nurse just in case.

Devil