New symptom, anyone else had this twitch?

I was dx Jan 07 and local ms rehab centre doc thinks it’s ppms that I have. I’ve mild symptoms all on my left side except for weak arms and legs. Main problems are trailing left foot ( yes I’ve a fes foot lifter ) and useless fingers on same side.

Anyway, for the past two weeks I’ve developed an intermittent twitch behind my left sholder which jolts my arm. These bouts last about 10mins, can happen any time and woke me up about 5am this morning.

I used to have a ‘fidgity leg’ and that’s stopped along with cramp in my small left toe.

John.

Hi John

Your ‘twitching’ symptoms sound very much like Dystonia ( or, more specifically, Secondary Dystonia because we have Multiple Sclerosis). Unfortunately, it is quite a common neurological condition and is my overriding MS Symptom, so I’m pretty clued up on it now.

Anyway, whilst it can be rather unpleasant, there are a number of effective treatments for it. The following NHS website is very useful and provides invaluable information. Speak to your GP about suitable treatments/ medication .

Good luck & best wishes

Tracyann x