New site 2021

And, Oliver, it’s still not.

Hi @NorasMom, you replied to my comment :slight_smile:

If you click on the arrow which points to my name, it’ll show my original comment.

But why? There’s just too much everything on this new site. A response should be indented below the original post to make it easier to follow the conversation. Clicking on an arrow next to your name is no easier than scrolling back up through the messages.

Many of us have vision and/or comprehension problems, and this new site just strikes me as one made for the younger, smartphone generation. I’m sorry to keep complaining, but this doesn’t seem to have been developed by people with firsthand MS experience.

1 Like

Thank you Oliver.

Ben

1 Like

Hello lovely!! :purple_heart::hatched_chick:

I know it’s a lot to get used to! Mine was my initials as well so after a bit of playing about I found how to do it …

Click the circle with PE in
Then click the little person tab
Then click preferences
Then account
The edit profile

It’s a faff! Hope this helps I’m not sure if you’ve already done it I’m not allowed my phone at work :see_no_evil:

1 Like

@Classy-chick I changed my background to WCAG dark as then black background so even darker than the Dark and so text was much easier to read (or at least for me) it was

1 Like

I am far from being the most technically gifted, but this must be the 4th version in nearly twenty years and survived ok so far. A bit of perseverance and everything will soon become very familiar.
Adapting to change is what us MSers do best.

4 Likes

Do you have MS yourself. Helps to know whether members are or not.

Was this new forum tested to work on Mac, Windows and Linux.

Pleased to say it works on Mac, but had to change browsers.

I agree 100%. I find the best forums are where at least half of the moderators have MS themselves.

I have to agree, although depending on what computer you have (Mac or Windows), you can increase the text size. As a former moderator for 35 years for www.benefitsandwork.co.uk in my opinion this forum is not as well designed as I’d expect by the MS Society.

Thank you great. xx

Hi @JimmyMac, yes we tested the forum on all major devices and browsers. Can I ask which browser on your Mac was causing any difficulty? Thanks.

It’s one called ‘Brave’. It was passed to me by a Mac Forum member in the US. However, I’ve switched to Safari which is installed as part of the Mac operating system. It works fine as does Firefox, Opera and Google Chrome. All work on Windows including Safari. Hope this helps.

JimmyMac :grinning:

1 Like

:rat: Try this one Jen. I had to reload my goose. Have you got your rat saved somewhere? You could try and reload it on your home page. (Dam weird site - it will take time, but so did the last one!)
Sue

1 Like

Thanks Sue, will try.

I am finding the glare from my screen and the font so difficult to read. I have tried the dark screen but I am afraid that does not help.

This site is difficult to use isn’t it? The other one was simple.
It would be good if they listed all the posts on the left like they did before so we could just scan down and see what posts we want.
That simple mechanism has gone now and now we have to trawl through everything and of course that means we miss an awful lot.
I am not one to trawl through because it’s too cumbersome, I like to have t(Ed topics listed and be able to scroll through.
Oh this is too complicated.

I’m with you on that! I keep trying, but this isn’t getting any easier. There’s just too much of everything.

1 Like

Yeah, yeah, yeah! You got a rat. Suits you Madam!

We’ll get the hang of this strange site. So far I pretty much hate it, but sshhh, don’t tell anyone… I hated the old site too at first and went on the missing list for a very long time. So long that I didn’t know anyone when I came back (except Val and George) and no one remembered me at all.

I will try my hardest to keep dropping in. My eyes are buggered at the moment, so it’s hard - but little by little I’ll try.

One thing I just remembered is to space out the text. If we all do that (and turn down the light on our hardware) it will help. I hope.

Sue :hibiscus: :wilted_flower: :sunflower: :cat2: :rhinoceros: :kangaroo: :duck: :shushing_face: :upside_down_face: :nerd_face: :laughing: :smirk_cat: :kissing_heart:

1 Like