New members, old posts.x

Am I the only one who has noticed the resurrection of old posts, (some are years old) by new members? It seems rather odd. A bit random…

Hello Pops

Yes, I think it’s because the new forum has dragged up random posts that appear as ‘suggested topics’. Some of these are a few days old and some a few years. For several weeks I kept being directed to the Brain Fog and it was making me feel really sad. Mostly because of Anthony, but partly a sense of loss now my ‘home’ is gone.

Flipping annoying anyway, threads with ‘Inactive User’s and odd names that are a blast from the past. Such as posts by Anitra/Tina (do you remember her? Really long entries, but mostly really good).

It must be quite confusing for new members. Even more so for oldies!!

Sue

1 Like

Hi Sue. I disappeared from here for a while but I’m back now. Well, more for a read rather than actually contributing anything useful.

What you said makes sense. Suggested topics of course.
I totally understand your sadness with seeing the Fog thread. I saw a couple with Steve Snore’s replies and at first I thought he was here on the forum! I was halfway through typing to him, when I realised the age of the post. :pleading_face:
I’m easily confused these days anyway.

Hi @Poppy6488
I’ve noticed as well and said as much on the ppms forum!
I imagine it’s fallen on deaf ears though unfortunately.
Elaine

It’s so #<*¥ sad thinking of the ‘missing and missed’. That’s the upsetting thing about seeing old threads suddenly.

Then again, Mick suddenly saw a mental post from AD/Anthony the other day that made him smile. There’s always that. Steve was a massive character too. Much loved, much missed…

1 Like

I was thinking that some are just trolls.

1 Like

If you do a search on a particular topic it brings up all relevant topics new or old. I guess people are just commenting on a relevant post to them. Maybe the date of the OP needs to be made more obvious.
Sharon

I think another way the old threads are resurrected is via Gooogle search (Or any other search engine). I read one of my old posts a few weeks back and it was like I was reading it for the first time.

Sssue recalls Tina who had a huge presence on the forum for many years; she certainly left a gap when she departed.

But the forum survives the loss of these big personalities. I’m sure everyone recalls Karen AKA Rizzo, she was a mine of good information.

I shall continue to drop in as I have for nearly a decade, I find it a reasuring place to visit whether I post or just read and learn.

Ben

Isnt going to happen.
I’ve asked and asked for this to be looked into and its not going anywhere.
I dont even get replies anymore.

The site has changed, it’s lost it’s personal feel to it.

1 Like

Omg, someone new has revived an old Anitra post. My favourite - Tina and the sausage and chips = cramps following a walk dilemma. She said at one point she needed a ‘slipped halo’ image because she’d not been for a walk. How about just a halo: :innocent: or maybe a devil: :imp: or just a :face_with_hand_over_mouth:???

Sometimes old posts bring a little bit of joy with them. As said before, Tina was a much loved member of this forum.

Sue