Need help-cant get up and move etc

Hi

Has anybody any advice or suggestions for me please.

I have RRMS now SPMS. I used to walk with crutches but over time that changed to using a wheelchair. Things started to deteriorate with my strength and stiffness. Getting up from a chair to use a walker became more and more difficult, getting off the toilet was difficult and sometimes my legs would go from me at the sink.

As time went by and after BOTOX in my muscles I could not get up so started dragging myself to the downstairs toilet but could not get up to use it.

Things are bad. I cant get in my car, get to bed, go shopping. Anyway I am hopeful you fellow MSers can suggest some exercises to strengthen my core, balance and strength and help me get back to where I was. I know I have made things worse on the floor but my MS nurse and physio have given me no help.

Thank you and Merry Christmas.

Paula

hi paula have you been seen by a neurological physiotherapist because your ms nurse should have put you in touch with one. if you are able to tense your abdominal muscles that will be a good start. use those abs to sit yourself up is the desired end effect but you seem a long way from that. i would call the neuro’s secretary and ask for an urgent appointment. then you can ask the neuro what you should do. it really is the role of the neuro physio and the role of the ms nurse to put you in touch with the physio. i think the way you have been treated is appalling. the nurses work under the neuro so he or she will be their line manager. make some noise paula!