Need a pick me up

Hi guys

I am feeling really fed up and down these last few days, Saturday I feel down and hurt my knee’s and legs also my shoulders and hands just missed banging my face on the ground.

Today I have fallen off the bed and scrapped my arm on the draws at the side of me and also hurt my back and top of my bottom think its my cocksits(sorry if splet worng),

I am waiting for my dmd’s got a call from MS nurse yesterday and got told that my nuro is passing me onto another consultant but got to wiat again. I have been off work for nearly 3 month and I dont feel up to going back. Whats the longest some one has been off.

Clare xx

i can’t answer the work question but i can send big hugs

xx

Claire, working is nice but you dont have to.go back if y.ou dont.feel up to it. It sounds like your having hard time of late so dont put any stress on yourself by worrying. Hope your feeling better soon. (((hugs))) Frank.

Sounds like a glass of wine, a tub of ice cream and a bar of chocolate moment!

Can’t really help with the work thing as I was already not working when I had relapses I couldn’t have worked through. Fwiw, I would have said 6 months if I’d had them when I was working. We’re all different though!

Karen x

Hi Clare Sorry your having such a tough time, I had about 4 months off about 2 years ago, then last year about two months and now in third week of sickness. Due to go back to work on Sunday, honestly don’t know if I will make it or not! With all you are going through don’t push yourself to go back to early, it will make things worse in the long run. Take care Ppx

I can’t help with the work thing either, I was sacked when I was diagnosed with epilepsy (long story!!) but I totally agree with Karen’s prescription. We all know she gives great advice

Sending you big hugs, hope you feel better soon

xxx

Aww Clare. Sorry you are feeling down. It is be expected though really, as life is changing for all of us here.

I have been falling/dropping things too so I know what a worry it is… nearly fell over in the supermarket today, but luckily the trolley saved me (from the embarrassment and the hurt!). Horrible isnt it.

I have been off work for 16 weeks now with poor eyesight. Getting ESA at the moment which means my daughter and I are on less than the Government set minimum income per week… work that out!

Big hugs Clare xx

Hi, I have been of work since the end of March and diagnosed in May. I am going back to work next week for couple of mornings before we break up for the summer holidays. Don’t think could face going back into school in September having not seen staff or pupils for so long. Not sure about you but feeling so poorly has almost become the norm, I had forgotten what it feels like to be ‘normal’ !! There is hope though, as last week I woke up feeling fully recovered literally overnight. Can this happen? I really hope you are feeling better soon and come through this episode without any further scrapes and falls. I too am waiting for referral to another doctor to advise me on DMDs, will you keep us updated as to how you get on. I will follow your threads with interest as we were both diagnosed at the same time. Big hug. Carolyne.

Hi Clare I tried as you know a pick me up at weekend-I just ended up being picked up. It’s cr** when you fall n hurt yourself just take it easy follow the ‘where are people from’ thread and have a laugh. Mike x

Sounds like you need a pick me up in more ways than one! Sorry, shouldn’t be cheeky, it’s very serious I know. Love your spelling of ‘coccyx’ - your cocksits is far more apt.

Big hugs lovely lady and don’t feel under pressure to hurry back to work. You are protected under equal rights act now you have a diagnosis.

XXX

Hi Clare Last week before I ended up going to hospital, I fell inthe street accross the road from my local. As it happens 2 local plod picked me up, after I nealy inserted a crutch to one and doubted the parentage of he other, it was dark. They took me home, give the curtain twitchers sommat too see. As normal their perception cos I slur words and fall over is that I have sampled one too many sherries, they will be right yet. Just take it easy and relax Mike x

Hi Claire I am getting a job in a Greek taverna as I have broken that many plates ha, ha :slight_smile: Mike x

Hahaha Mike. I’m Greek Cypriot - we’re not allowed to break crockery anymore. People are throwing napkins in the air instead now.

Clare, at the beginning of 2010, when MS hadn’t even been mentioned, I had three months off work nearly because I was constantly shattered, I had zero energy, and I kept getting shooting pains down my spine and mental headaches. It sort of felt like my body had the flu - I could barely get out of bed. I went for a nap on New Years day 2010 and when I woke up, it hit me.

Looking back, perhaps I could have gone back earlier, but I needed the rest. Currently I’m working every day, and I do struggle, but I’m determined to push myself and, to be quite frank, I need the cash (lol). But I’ve sort of accepted the fact that once day I may not be able to do a full day or a full week. Take each day as it comes, and don’t do something you’re not comfortable with. Do not feel pressured into anything and DO NOT FEEL BAD. Sometimes you’ve just gotta do what you’ve gotta do! xxx

(Oh, also, I’m hoping to have a baby soon so I’m pretty sure there’s no way I’ll be able to cope with full time work with a baby to look after as well! The only thing I want is to be able to move around comfortably so I can do things with my future children. When I was using a wheelchair earlier this year I almost had a breakdown because I was thinking I WANT TO HAVE CHILDREN, WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO DO! But the relapse ended thankfully and I don’t want to go back there for a long, long, long, long time!)