Must be all those chips you eat...

according to my sister if i take magnesium tablets everyday i will be able to part the waters and walk. Yeh right. she is obsessed by supplements.

No thanks i eat well really well. If it was that simple …

I get fed up of these diets being pushed onto us. I bought the OMS book i found it hard to read and my brain got bored with it. It told me nothing i didnt already know.

I just wonder what type of MS these people have from the get go, as there seems to be so many types.

I have PPMS and been eating well all my life, mum being Italian we did.

Its an auto immune disease nothing to do with what we eat.

As to the flu jab. I am 67 so can have it free and get invited to go and sit in a flu clinic for hours waiting my turn with all these sick people no thank you.

everyone i know who had the flu jab last year were sick with bronchitis or other things. My husband had a pneumonia jab and died of pneumonia according to his death certificate so that didnt do much did it.

2 Likes

Yeah I tried Mag, in all different versions, it did absolutely zero for me, apart from give me an absolute horrendous headache.

My MS consultant, GP, and a dietician ALL agreed that if that you eat a good balanced diet you would be wasting your money on supplements.

Everything in moderation and you body will do the rest, as far as getting the right nutritional values, thats what they keep telling me !

At the end of the day though, if someone feels a certain supplement or regime is helping them I think they should just carry on with it.

Its how they feel within themselves that matters, but once you get to a point in time after trying something where you dont feel or see any physical change I would call it a day and just accept what happening.

You’d be surprised how just accepting something can make a big difference.

Last year I waited until the flu jab clinic had passed then phoned the surgery and said ‘I think I’ve missed the flu jab, can the nurse fit me in?’ Got a timed appointment in and out in a few minutes and didn’t have to wait with loads of people giving me their germs - going to do the same again this year…

2 Likes

Receprtionist was plain wrong. There are ads in the bloody surgeries FFS, saying anyone with an underlying health condition, compromised immune system.

As to the rest of her remarks, tell her politely, to stuff it. You are trying to make appt. Although last year I ended going to the chemist cuz the GP was only doing jabs on a day i could not do!!

1 Like

My GP offered me the flu jab as soon as I was diagnosed 5 years ago, I’ve had it done ever since, theres never been an issue with me being offered it.